• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JUST WHAT THE DOC ORDERED, let the learning begin!
just the tiiiiip.JPG
On a side note how many sata power plugs can i have on a single cable? the psu comes with 3 per cable, my guess is another 2 will not kill it.

Gas isn't that bad here Silver. I have the heat, dryer and water heater on gas and it's less than $1500 a year in total.

JUST WHAT THE DOC ORDERED, let the learning begin!
View attachment 154195
On a side note how many sata power plugs can i have on a single cable? the psu comes with 3 per cable, my guess is another 2 will not kill it.

You should be fine Tung it would depend more on your PSU and wire size in the cables but even with 5 HDDs it should be less than 10 amps. I'm assuming at least 1 maybe 2 SSD and an ODD so the draw would be far less.
I see you have the proper accessories for some serious PC work. :thup:

First rig specs selected.
4790K + my OC
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5
Gainward GeForce GTX 780 Phantom
SSD Plextor 128GB M6G-2280 M.2\
Corsair Dominator GT 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3, 1866MHz+ my OC
1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue
Corsair C70 black case
Corsair CX600M+my custom sleeving
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 + painted heatpipe caps.

It will be called 5AM:clap:

PS: plus whatever small little mods i will deem fit
My build fee will be around 10%
Extra components can be added if requested however the price will go up and maybe my fee depending on what is the request.
components itself cost around 1850$ ill add 100-150$ labour cost to make it a round 2k

Last edited:
Custom cases will start next year and i will only make max 10

PS: I will refuse any kind of AIO request except for swiftech expandables

Last edited:
Well, I tried improving some scores for the Team Cup with no luck. So instead I decided to Putz Around. I was able to reduce my CPUv from 1.45v to 1.35v. Stable for 2 hours. This also reduced my socket temp by 3c and my Core by 5c. I might be able to reduce it some more if I get the chance. Why was it at 1.45v in the first place? That's where it needed to be on my old MSI 890FXA-GD65. It also helps that I dropped the clock from 3.70GHz to 3.60GHz.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 09-29-14 at 10.03 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 09-29-14 at 10.03 PM.PNG
    144.5 KB · Views: 56
The quality of the power delivery can make that kind of difference.

Hmm, well now that you mention it, I also switched out my OCZ700W for my Corsair RM850W. There's nothing wrong with the OCZ. It's still within specs and all, but it's just an 80+ rating and the Corsair is gold rated. Must be cleaner power too.

I was talking more for the board itself but the PSU can make a difference as well the "cleaner" the power signal to the CPU the better it'll run.

You should post the sandbagging 11.5 run :D

Edit: oops didn't see you posted it.

Last edited:
Much much better to have the sand in a bag rather than on the computer room floor. Hehehe.

Back a number of years ago there were 7 or 9 since it was an odd number of people that all had all email addresses in bulk mail so we all got the email. And we all gathered at one forum. We put up scores to beat each other and we had at the time some pretty fair shett to put up scores with. Hehehe. Anyway it was always suspected of me that I never posted a score without three "in the bag" to respond with. Those were the days for sure. Hehehe. Plus we all had each others back. Better not troll one of the 'group' or the hammer would drop. All back in the good ole days as it were.

This thread and many that write in it sort of remind of those days in the past. Good feeling for sure.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back