• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
great guide above on voltages and temps shrimpbrine. I am very anxious to try 6.0ghz. we had a night here approaching 0 degrees f with windchill. still early in the season, actually may hit 50 f tomorrow.

not much new here. I did notice shutting off the television somehow is causing the video to stop outputting on the desktops.
alittle deer hunting. haven't seen any horns.

Lotsa snow?
Nah, it's all melting now. Just a bad week in general. Spent half a day at the hospital with Gisele, she was having chest pains. Her ticker is fine , some kind of lung infection. The brakes failed on the car needs all the lines replaced and I'm sick with whatever the wife had. When it rains it pours I tell ya. Gonna be about $1000 to get the Crapillac back on the road again. I did manage to do something productive though. Set the 8320 up in the HTPC with the M5A and the CM V-8. Runs at 4.5 with less than 1.3v but man is it a hot bugger. Put the 980 in with it and going to do some gaming in here for a change. I been too busy racing these puters to actually have any "fun" with one. Ha ha. Did a full re-install on this one and did the upgrade to 8.1, still looks like Win 8. Think I might try out that Classic Shell.

Nah, it's all melting now. Just a bad week in general. Spent half a day at the hospital with Gisele, she was having chest pains. Her ticker is fine , some kind of lung infection. The brakes failed on the car needs all the lines replaced and I'm sick with whatever the wife had. When it rains it pours I tell ya. Gonna be about $1000 to get the Crapillac back on the road again. I did manage to do something productive though. Set the 8320 up in the HTPC with the M5A and the CM V-8. Runs at 4.5 with less than 1.3v but man is it a hot bugger. Put the 980 in with it and going to do some gaming in here for a change. I been too busy racing these puters to actually have any "fun" with one. Ha ha. Did a full re-install on this one and did the upgrade to 8.1, still looks like Win 8. Think I might try out that Classic Shell.

Hurtn' Johan. Hurtn'

Hope all goes fine for you :)

Oh, you'd be foolish not to try our Classic Shell.
It's the only way Win8 & 8.1 is usable :p

Johan, sorry to hear about the wife and you being sick, get well soon.

sorry about the crapillac, sounds like the lines are rusted thru.

Hang in there bud, there's allot of that going around ...... things will get better glad to here its nothing serious.

I been too busy racing these puters to actually have any "fun" with one. Ha ha.

Ya'll gat yore selfz wale yuh 'hair?

Gat my dang keyboard, mouse, monitor and Exercise n Futility where touching the space bar wakes the beeatch up and off to dew whatz me wantz tuh dew. So nass to use instead of rase it alluh time. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

Hurtn' Johan. Hurtn'

Hope all goes fine for you :)

Oh, you'd be foolish not to try our Classic Shell.
It's the only way Win8 & 8.1 is usable :p

After forcing myself to start using Windows 8.1 a year ago I can honestly say the only 2 things I'd change is having a traditional start menu, and task manager. Just dont like the 8/8.1 GUI of TM. And the only reason I'd have the start menu back is ease of access. Less mouse movement lmao. I do like Metro, do wish you could launch apps without it going to desktop so you have to go back to metro to launch the next 1. Similar to middle clicking a link in IE.... opens a new tab without actually going to the tab.

Thanks Guys and yes C_D after 10yrs the lines are shot.
Luke I have just gotten by by using the windows + X key brings up most of the useful stuff.

Thanks Guys and yes C_D after 10yrs the lines are shot.
Luke I have just gotten by by using the windows + X key brings up most of the useful stuff.

You can also just right click the windows "button" charm in the bottom left to get that menu.

I surprisingly seem to like windows 8.1. only been using it about 4 months pretty much on the laptop.
windows tech preview has somewhat revamped the start menu without any app screen covering the desktop.

hardware monitor doesn't seem to function on windows 10.

not sure if its having to turn the electric heat on here finally or just plain old need to quit smoking.
maybe the open reservoir all the time combined. one thing certain, cigarettes not helping here.

$$$'s gonna be very limited here until after the new year.

only thing I can think of is some low voltage testing.

phenom II fits right in the crosshair v im assuming?

It sure does pour when it rains Johan, mees tinks that Caddi needs to visit the Daddi. :D Hope you two feel better.

Ya'll gat yore selfz wale yuh 'hair?

Gat my dang keyboard, mouse, monitor and Exercise n Futility where touching the space bar wakes the beeatch up and off to dew whatz me wantz tuh dew. So nass to use instead of rase it alluh time. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.
too funny.

It's really funny when you get so used to it you don't even need to decipher the Bobgonstignators southern drawl. :D

You can also just right click the windows "button" charm in the bottom left to get that menu.

Thanks Luke that saves me a step, just upgraded to the 8.1 any other little tricks you know of?

It sure does pour when it rains Johan, mees tinks that Caddi needs to visit the Daddi. :D Hope you two feel better.

It's really funny when you get so used to it you don't even need to decipher the Bobgonstignators southern drawl. :D

Thanks Manny but I think it's even too far gone for C_D to love. I'm just hoping to get it through another year or two then it'll be completely worthless and time for a replacement.
When it comes to Gonesters drawlin , I find it helps to be a bit tipsy.

Thanks Luke that saves me a step, just upgraded to the 8.1 any other little tricks you know of?

cmd prompt, then enter netplwiz will give you the option of not having to enter a password when you start your PC. The navigation page of taskbar properties will give you the option to go to either the Desktop or metro when you close all store apps or logon to the system. If you want to see your WEI rating navigate to C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore. Not sure when it "populates"
Should look like:
<SystemScore>7.8</SystemScore>

<MemoryScore>7.9</MemoryScore>

<CpuScore>7.9</CpuScore>

<CPUSubAggScore>8.2</CPUSubAggScore>

<VideoEncodeScore>7.7</VideoEncodeScore>

<GraphicsScore>8.4</GraphicsScore>

<Dx9SubScore>8.4</Dx9SubScore>

<Dx10SubScore>0</Dx10SubScore>

<GamingScore>8.4</GamingScore>

Well, I finally did some clowning around last night. Bettered my top score with HWBot Prime, but still not satisfied.
20141125_163739[1].jpg
Screen Shot 11-25-14 at 04.30 PM.JPG
1259.91.PNG

What was the water temp Blaylock? Make sure you have some antifreeze in it, it will freeze up fast when the temps drop. Hit that thing with some voltage if the water is sub zero C.

I don't think B_L water temps were below freezing since his core temp never showed 0c like they will do at idle if water temp is that low. But you rat as rane taling him tuh B shore he haven sum stopfreezen 'en at'ar watuh. Hit shore as hale freezed up fast iffen hit rally cole ouside.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzz

Back