• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you happen to have a NIB ASROCK Z97 OC FORMULA with factory warranties that I can void?
Blaylock you may want to talk to Witchy and Woomack on that board. I believe the Z97 Ocf is a shell of it's former Z87 self. I recall he and a few others saying the Z87 OCF is a much better board, for OCing.

Blaylock you may want to talk to Witchy and Woomack on that board. I believe the Z97 Ocf is a shell of it's former Z87 self. I recall he and a few others saying the Z87 OCF is a much better board, for OCing.

Z97M OCF is a good board for OC but lacks some features like power/reset buttons or diagnostic display. During longer sessions or when any issues appear it's really annoying. Most other things are the same as in Z87M OCF.
Full Z97 OCF is designed for OC so it has everything what is needed.

My personal opinion is the z97 OCF is the strongest board out there for the platform. Period !!!
However I am jaded, this line has been so good for so long my thinking is at it's price point why would anyone even consider using anything else.
I had the SOC Force but it was DOA so I returned it. I can't speak to how good or bad it is. However I am sure it is a capable board along with the Asus counterpart Formula VII ? it think that is what number they are on now :shrug:

The OCF line of boards are even a good option for gamers these days, come with solid sound and LAN options as well as a ton of software aimed at that demographic.

If I were you and looking at a z97 platform I would look no further than the OCF, stay away form the Z97m OCF though. The LN2 switch as far as I know simply gives it the ability to boot and run at colder temps.

This close to Broadwell why are you looking at a Haswell platform ?
Sure z97 is supported, but sure there will be new boards releasing

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8573/...therboard-review-less-lamborghini-more-yellow

Everything one needs. The Z87 is a great board too.

Thanks for clarifying that, I could have sworn I read Witchy say he thought the Z97 wasn't as good as the Z87. Looks like you're good to go!

I was "putzen" around last night with running/testing at higher fsb on my FX chip... Dialed in a 300x16.5 multi.overclock and ran overnight with Rosetta@home. Also ran a second quick IBT (avx) test today. Does anyone think that there is any performance benefit to running higher bus clocks vs. lower bus/higher multi combo clocks for daily usage?... Benching?

FX-8370 4.966GHz DDR3-2000C8.PNG

There are some benefits like higher bus speeds. Other than that I don't think a whole lot of testing has been done TBH.

Nothing to see :escape: I felt like I was walking a thin line so changed the post. It was kind of offering goods for money outside classies.

Is it getting out of hand when you utter the words "honey did you take my clear nail polish" to your wife?

I was "putzen" around last night with running/testing at higher fsb on my FX chip... Dialed in a 300x16.5 multi.overclock and ran overnight with Rosetta@home. Also ran a second quick IBT (avx) test today. Does anyone think that there is any performance benefit to running higher bus clocks vs. lower bus/higher multi combo clocks for daily usage?... Benching?

View attachment 162566

Not sure about better performance, but it shure does look goodt. I especially like tht Cas 8 DDR3 2000mhz goin on there. Temps and voltage are Great too.

Is there a difference with heat between Rosetta or F@H? I was thinking to run some F@H on load for a bit as well for testing, but I'm not home enough to monitor it as it should be.

Nice set up though! I dig it.

I'm still curious too. Is there some point where higher FSB doesn't get any more preformance?

Also, If I set 250 FSB and set the NB and other buses to their stock clocks, am I gaining anything with the 250 FSB?

Back