• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i wish i understood the scoring some.
when Rgone was benching this processor on the fatlady board it showed flatish at higher clocks till it got above 5.2 and i am wondering if that's what we are seeing in the gfx scores.

I guess it's time to start with the 8350 with the 7770's in crossfire.
any ideas?

Attachments

• 8350 01.JPG
    8350 01.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 349
Got me C_D maybe it's just flooding the IMC with the CPU work and not leaving room for the PCIe. One thing I noticed with mine before was dropping the HT one notch back from the NB improved scores slightly

I would try reinstalling the drivers. Somethings not meshing right. Like it's not picking up the Xfire card. Does it say it's running in Xfire or just that the dars there. That's the issue I had when I put it in the wrong slot. If it's the sabretooth you use 1 and 3

backed the ht back one notch.
catilist says it's crossfired.
should i reinstll it any way?

Attachments

• 8350 02.JPG
    8350 02.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 343
are they the same drivers on each board? It might be worth a shot cause those numbers are way too low

I pulled out the Sabretooth manual and it says that you need to uninstall the GFX driver before you install the cards. Then install drivers again after power up. And it has to be the first and third PCIe slots 2 and 4 are 4X

I now have the crossfire 7770's in the crosshair, with the 8350
I have just updated the driver to 13-4.

do i need to uninstall 13-4, reboot, reinstall 13-4?

Attachments

• 8350 03.JPG
    8350 03.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 335
You're certain they're in the right slots.? Check your manual at the very back your might have a different procedure. Not sure but it's like only one card is working during the bench.

Ya your board is the same as mine C_D you need to be in the third slot. When the first slot is occupied slot 2 becomes 1X

I am on the crosshair five.
the cards are in slots 1 and 3

No I know It's the CHV I just meant the setup is the same I DL'd your manual. I meant the slot setup and installation instructions were the same. Has to be started with no driver installed.

ok, s o I have to start at square 1, I'll be back.

soooooo, how do i uninstall the driver?

ok, s o I have to start at square 1, I'll be back.

soooooo, how do i uninstall the driver?

Go to control panel > programs > click on amd catalyst and uninstall.

If you want to be really thorough try to find driver sweeper and start in safe mode and use it in there to get rid of any remnants of the drivers. I don't know if you still have to do that with the newer drivers though.

ok, so i got my 7770's in the crosshair, I have them in slot 1 and slot 3.
should i have them in slot 1 and slot 2?

OK please correct me if I am wrong but my understanding of the PCIE X 16 slots are ...... 1 - 16X , 2 - 8X, 3 - 16X and 4 - 4X. So for the best performance with a crossfire or SLI you would want both cars in the PCIE 16X slots of #1 and #3 to have them both running at X16. Bellow id a screen shot of the PCIE slot layout .......

CHV.jpg

He's all good there bassnut we checked. The Xfire is just picky about installation sometimes.

Actually bassnut thanks for posting that pic, made me think of something. I don't know if it would make a difference or if it was brought up already. Do you have a molex plugged into the pci EZ plug Caddi? In the pic Bassnut posted #1 on the left.

Not trying to toss a wrench into this but my understanding of the PCIE slots is if you use #1 and #2 slots you will be running your cards at 8X. In order to get 16X on cross fire you need to use #1 and #3.

Back