• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even with the SS hooked up I can't get any better than I had without errors. Looks like you'll be keeping that gold for now At least I won't be taking it back right Nice run! away! :beer:👍

Attachments

• 1432920738298.jpg
    1432920738298.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 108
Thanks guys.

I have more than one like that, another is directly above the setup providing airflow to the entire system itself and as you might expect it's a hurricane's worth of air keeping the board, RAM and all else cool. You should try using these when temps outside are cold, that's why I have to dress like an eskimo during winter benching. The airflow under those conditions creates some serious wind-chill and you have to dress for it or else including wearing gloves just to bench.

Might be able to get another one of these fans before too long but yeah, glad to have the ones I have already.

As for the run it helped that I removed the heatsink, cleaned it and redid the TIM. Once I was done I left the card's fan and shroud off and let the big fan do the cooling work.

BTW you guys have missed the even bigger fan in the pic and it's been in several pics I've taken in the past of the setup.
That one wasn't being used for these runs but it's available if I really need it.

Here's pics of the fans.

Two smaller fans.JPG

Should be able to spot the big one in this shot.

System setup with big fan.JPG

Last edited:
HA , I think I mistook it for some kind of shop tool like a bench grinder . Now that you point it out it's obvious. What is that a 1/4 horse motor on it?

I've never bothered to pay attention but probrably along those lines, maybe an 1/8 or 1/4 horse or something. :D

If the HP spec is listed I could tell you but I do know the maker of the motor is Fasco.
Ironically it was the first of the three I got my hands on some years ago, the other two coming along later at roughly the same time. It's a small possibility I may be able to get another like the black one and that would be great, I like that one because of it's compact size and it's fairly lightweight meaning it's versatile for many setup situations. The white one is the one that's directly above my setup blowing downward onto everything.
The air pattern from it is perfect in that it completely covers the entire setup from top to bottom with airflow.

Undoubtably some super cpu heatsink I do see.
:thup::thup::thup:

Is that a type of high flow-fan for perhaps a forced hot air type home heating furnace?

I had eyeballed one of those this winter seems would move some serious amount of air. had my mind drifting, lol.

Possibly it was in here I saw a fan someone had mounted outdoors as some kinda ventilation for a bitcoin farm?
was like some kinda industrial restraurant fan at like 4 foot diameter. uncertain specs as it was mounted outdoors in what appeared as warm climate.

black flies have definetly hatched in northern maine.
im attempting rebuild immunity as im covered in what appears as 100 bites.

Keep up the good work!

Bones , the copper heat sink on the cpu is not hard to miss, that thing might crack the cpu.

No prob, that was an 775 Intel setup and it had it's lid on the chip so it's not a problem.
However thanks for mentioning that regardless. :salute:

The cooler on the CPU is a Thermaltake V1 and I've been running that one for a few years now, works really well for an aircooler.

As for the big blower fan in the back, it's similar to what you described eagle but it's an old hand dryer.

Yes, most outrageously over the top. I would expect nothing less. BTW Mr. Bones, it's a bit premature but great job on the old school comp. You Boyz are kicking some heinie over there. Keep it up!

Undoubtably some super cpu heatsink I do see.
:thup::thup::thup:

Is that a type of high flow-fan for perhaps a forced hot air type home heating furnace?

I had eyeballed one of those this winter seems would move some serious amount of air. had my mind drifting, lol.

Possibly it was in here I saw a fan someone had mounted outdoors as some kinda ventilation for a bitcoin farm?
was like some kinda industrial restraurant fan at like 4 foot diameter. uncertain specs as it was mounted outdoors in what appeared as warm climate.

black flies have definetly hatched in northern maine.
im attempting rebuild immunity as im covered in what appears as 100 bites.

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Shrimpy's blower.jpg
    Shrimpy's blower.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 68
Got a little more, but need better cooling it has more
LRG5, nice work. Just an FYI at some point the chip will just not take any more volts unless you get it colder. This will also happen, even if you are below what one would consider "safe" max temps.

Ha ha now that cooling, can you keep the chips on the MB.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not adding any voltage, just A/C. and air. this chip will post and boot in windows at 5355 MHz.
but not stable.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Im not adding any voltage, just A/C. and air. this chip will post and boot in windows at 5355 MHz.
but not stable.
I was just giving you an FYI that's all :thup: I learned when benching with cold water, even if the chip is a say +10c under load with -6c water temps, it will not take any more volts at those temps. I only noticed when I was running benches, with the cold water and say I had -20c water temps one day and -6c another, that extra cooling would allow me to give the chip more volts without it crashing. This also holds true with ambient cooling.

Thanks Manny, you are right I need to make open case system and try chilled water.
and try another MB, One with more head room.

- - - Updated - - -

but not stable.

A/C is the only way to go down here. 👍:D

Back