• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NICE CATCH Manny I had a board in the past with one of those. NEVER EVEN occurred to me

as i read both the paper maual and the downloaded manual, on the chv for crossfire it's slots 1 and three.

Just so you know...what C_D is seeing is n0t unheard of. Just pushing and pushing can result in a downturn at some point. Everything is not neatly scaling test wise. Our speeds seem neatly scaling but scores do not. Intel and AMD both experience the issue.

Overclocking video ram can be a problem.

Power supplies with more than one rail can have too many things on one of the rails and that rail runs out of oomph as the speed and power draw are increased. Usually the +12V rail is the one to look at.

Drake you are correct in asking about the molex input for power to the general PCIe area.

Then the memory speed and timings can make a big difference in scoring. Often slower ram and tighter timings are 'better' for Video benching since everyone that does it enough finds that there is a 'sweet spot' and that spot works best all around it seems.
RGone...

Yes I should have read the second page before posting ..... my bad ......:bang head......... :chair:

Actually bassnut thanks for posting that pic, made me think of something. I don't know if it would make a difference or if it was brought up already. Do you have a molex plugged into the pci EZ plug Caddi? In the pic Bassnut posted #1 on the left.

no, i do not have a molex plugged into that connector from the psu.
should I ?

I am having issues with ccc now.
get messege that mmload has stopped working.
and ccc host app has stopped working.

I am running each card on it's own 18amp rail.

Last edited:
Ya that definately needs to be plugged in. It supplies extra power to the PCIe lanes It sounds like CCC is a bit messed up.

as soon as i get ccc running i'll open it up again for the plug.
will that need to be on it's own rail?
if so I have a spare 700 watt psu and spliced 24 pin harness i can chuck in, but 1750 watts seems a little much even for me.

Hey CD ...... how many 12v Motherboard plugs up top have you plugged in. Bellow is a screen from the user man when using multiple GPUs you might need to plug in the extra 4pin 12 volt beside the CPU fan plug to supply extra power for the GPU's.

CHIV.jpg

ok ccc installed, little molex plug has power to it, case is now damaged and we will see what else broke. I dropped it........

I have power to connector b
and connector d.

are you refering to connector A?

up and running, it will be running real hot, I seem to have broken a lot.

Last edited:
ok ccc installed, little molex plug has power to it, case is now damaged and we will see what else broke. I dropped it........

I have power to connector b
and connector d.

are you refering to connector A?

OOPS ..... hope nothing serious is banged up.

Yes connecter A. I was always under the assumption this was available for extra power ..... actually after more reading it is an B or A to run your board. I know Crossfire and SLI are different animals but setting up SLI on my CHIV or CHIVz with twin ASUS 560TI 448 DC2 was simple. I never had any power issues and will assume they draw more power then the 7770's, too tired to go look right now. I always attributed to always plugging in the extra 12v plug.

to power conntor A I will have to use the same rail as B

case is trashed, fans sound like a pea thrasher, water is leaking a little from the pump.
just like the two cars, I'm just trashing everything i touch lately.

My Power supply was set up the same ...... split 8 pin and a spice (assumption as it is sleeved)of a 4 pin.

got one run in, putting it back on the slab to fix the leak and try to power that connector.

Attachments

• 8350.JPG
    8350.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 240
ok, added power cable to that connector and 1 tie wrap to the pump outlet tube and ready to go again.
thank god i have plenty of moduler kits laying aroud for cables.

and earthdog had better not look in, he got on to me a long while ago about my cables.

punched it up to 5.0 for another goroung, hit 80c on the package so i better quit before i torch another one.
I'll try again when i get another case and fans this weekend.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 234
You guys need to go look in C_D's bone pile thread and copy all the shett down that is there for now. Why? Because he is going to have to ADD a bunch to that list due gravitorial limitations of Cpu Hardware.

1. Did my W/pump take a shett?
2. Has my fan un-controller taken a vacation?
3. Why is that fan blade hitting the side of fan tunnel.
4. Where did all my hard drives go?
5. Why won't this case sit flat on the bench anymore?
6. Look for his updated list of "C_D's Absolute Bone Pile" list.

Beloved we are gathered here today to lay to rest some parts and pieces. A moment of silence for the departed.

May you rest in peace...or is that pieces. AMEN.

Last edited:
Beloved we are gathered her today to lay to rest some parts and pieces. A moment of silence for the departed.

May you rest in peace...or is that pieces. AMEN.
Sorry Caddi but damn that was funny Rgone.

Gee that's lame C_D Hope things aren't too seriously banged up! Ya that gravity thing is a real b**ch

Last edited:
He is kind of lame but he don't complain about his left arm he has not been able to use well for a couple of months now. One tough caddi daddi for sure.
RGone...

Back