• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Attempting to get version 1 of pushcart/dolly built to compact radiators coolers pumps and open air benching rig.
Castor wheels hopefully arrive this week.
I should be in the firewood pile ATM.

0905161122.jpg
0905161122a.jpg
0905161409.jpg
0905161502.jpg

Offline clone complete.
:thup:

- - - Updated - - -

Now to put the replaced SSD in the laptop.

Offline clone mode will not work as rules of operating the duplicator.
Drive B > Drive A
Drive B not to contain a Boot Sector.

Looks as those caster wheels arrive tomorrow!
6 Stiffeners Added!

0910161946.jpg

31" X 41" is larger than I would have liked.
I think I can easily cut 31" back to 29" or 28"
Idea was to leave room from a 3rd cooler and sump pump.

Been busy in sick bay over the past two days. :D

Managed to get no less than 4 Abit AN7's working that had problems, one was a simple BIOS corruption problem but the other three were way more than that. Two of these three were actually for parts, one of those being dead ever since I'd had it (5 years+) and the other I'd had for a little while. Managed to doctor on these and now all 4 of these boards are kicking again, honestly I never expected the one I'd had for years as a parts only board to work but it's going. I also had to work on ny NF7's to make sure they were OK, luckily all three didn't need much to get moving again.

Next project is to reanimate a fully modded but dead Ultra B, I know it's possible to fix it but it's gonna take some crazy stuff to make it go again. Once that's done nearly all of my A boards will be good to go.
With cooler weather not far off it was time to get a few repairs done so I can have a little fun.

Mmmmm socket A lovin' :thup:
I love it

lol

So what'd they need? caps and the like?
@unsafesteagle

Nice job! Good thing your tetanus is up to date!!
Are you gonna hit the rack you built with some paint one day?

@unsafesteagle

Nice job! Good thing your tetanus is up to date!!

My list is none the shorter Silver.
I see more as long term goals as of late.
I have 4 PC's in house and a laptop.
I would love to add a virtual machine at this point I can not stop with small upgrades here and there on these machines as is.

- - - Updated - - -

This afternoon I believe I managed to set Ubuntu rig as UTC=no and hardware level clock to Local time.
perhaps this was effecting my land line home phone irreversible to 5 hours ahead of local time.
lol

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmmm socket A lovin' :thup:
I love it

lol

Socket A was my very first custom build.

At this point im just trying to stay focused on my payroll job as it is season work finishing mid November.
If all is good I can pick back up next May.
I've still doing self employed work mostly firewood also.
I've already managed settle 5 defaulted debt accounts this summer. More if you count hospital bills.
My rent increased by 2/3 previous due to working and im now throwing lots at paying insurances ahead shooting for next may also.

Trying to keep winter projects in mind as I go.
All is well. Definitely well in comparison.

Mainly that along with replacing some resistors and transistors.
One resistor was broken off period, another was gone because I had robbed it earlier to fix the first parts board (Broken resistor). Snagged another one from a truly dead MSI board and soldered that back in place along with an also previously robbed transistor too.

OK - Why did I rob parts only to replace these later?
I didn't believe at the time the board was any good nor could be fixed and needed the parts to fix the first parts board since it had earlier at least shown a sign of life. However for some reason (Bored :D) I got the idea to just go ahead and reassemble the board and try it one more time since previous testing showed it being dead as in the board woudn't even respond to the header pins or anything.
It fired right up and ran like a champ - In fact both parts boards did once fixed. :cool:

Ahhh socket A. I remember the Barton core I had rather fondly. Sadly the Mobo I got for it was a terrible overclocker... Didn't have PCI bus locks :(

Put an Nvidia 6800 GT in it as soon as it was released. Preordered that bad boy from Newegg while stationed in Korea!

Glad to be still kicking.
I figured after the first success to see if I coudn't keep the ball rolling and boy did it roll..... In a good way.
All total I fixed 5 Abit boards.

Saved a ton of $$ because I didn't have to actually replace any boards, in fact I gained boards by the numbers because two of the AN7's were for and had been for parts only so wasn't expecting anything to ever happen with them. With these on average going for about $60 - $80 (Or maybe more) per board on fleabay I did good.
These boards are getting hard to find now anyway and I'm glad I was able to save all I had period for use.

Back