• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK, now I'm confused. I have a valid FSB up to 317, good enough for 3rd place. So I start looking at the 2 entries above me and what do I find in 1st place. A Sempron 145 (Sargas)!!! I chack the ASUS site also and it confirmed what I posted last night. The 145 isn't listed as compatable and mine wont post with it in. Is it possible that his 145 is different than mine enough to allow compatability? Now that I'm thinking about it, it might be a BIOS update. Any ideas here?

From ASUS
sempy1.PNG

1st Place sub
sempy2.PNG

AMIBIOS 0302 dated 08/18/08 LOL. Kinda what I was thinking too. How do you find out what the best BIOS is for a specific CPU?

EDIT: where do you see his BIOS version?

Yep - I was thinking the Sargas should be able to run in that board, I have the same model board myself and so far it's ran everything I've tried it with.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should fire it up with one of my 145's and see what it can really do too. :D

Man this 6000+ looks lo be a terrible clocker. I can barely get a 10% OC on this thing. Updated teh BIOS to the latest 1801 with no improvement. Gonna try the 1501 next and see if there is any difference.

:bang head:bang head:bang head

Man this 6000+ looks lo be a terrible clocker. I can barely get a 10% OC on this thing. Updated teh BIOS to the latest 1801 with no improvement. Gonna try the 1501 next and see if there is any difference.

It happens bud, sucks, but it's the nature of the beast.

I actually did bork one of them. LOL That's why I have multiple drives loaded and ready for a quick swap.

At least you didn't pooch your OS! :rofl:

Just one of those crap chips I guess :(

I actually did bork one of them. LOL That's why I have multiple drives loaded and ready for a quick swap.

Ya, just like my 3800+ I had Blaylock. It had one nasty core that ran 20c hotter than the other. Having seperate drives is the only way to go. I picked up an Athlon 5350 on Friday and played a bit with it yesterday. A new OS/ driver and Catzilla download gained me nearly 2000pts. It was enough to get a score for fourth in the Kabini Catzilla for the team comp. I still have a bit of headroom but I doubt I can take the top one. Thee 770 is decent but it's not a 780ti.

Ya, just like my 3800+ I had Blaylock. It had one nasty core that ran 20c hotter than the other. Having seperate drives is the only way to go. I picked up an Athlon 5350 on Friday and played a bit with it yesterday. A new OS/ driver and Catzilla download gained me nearly 2000pts. It was enough to get a score for fourth in the Kabini Catzilla for the team comp. I still have a bit of headroom but I doubt I can take the top one. Thee 770 is decent but it's not a 780ti.

After my 3rd BSOD at only 10% OC I pulled up HWMonitor to check temps thinking may I had bad TIM or something. One core was idling at 23C the other was at 35C. So I belive it's just a crappy chip. I'm probably gonna scalp it once I get a WC set-up and see if that helps.

What's with these chips that have cores running hotter?
Did someone mess up at the factory? :p

Today I think I will focus on getting my memory tight at 1866 and superpi 1M.

Of the 4 Athlons II's I have, every one has one core that runs hotter then the other, by at least 8c and as much as 12c.

After my 3rd BSOD at only 10% OC I pulled up HWMonitor to check temps thinking may I had bad TIM or something. One core was idling at 23C the other was at 35C. So I belive it's just a crappy chip. I'm probably gonna scalp it once I get a WC set-up and see if that helps.

You can try it out Blaylock but it did nothing for mie http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Putzen-Round?p=7696284&viewfull=1#post7696284

Today I think I will focus on getting my memory tight at 1866 and superpi 1M.

SPi loves memory, you'll really notice it on the 32m vs the 1m

hmm, well after reading down a little from there Shrimpy mentioned the 6000+ isn't soldered on. So that might be nice.

Truth is my only use for this chip now is for benching as it is retired. So no worries if it dies.

Back