• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
geling is caused by the wrong mix, you could use alcohol in it as an antifreeze.

That TEC is 24v. Your PSU lines are 5v and 12v. It would chill at half of it's capacity and draw big amps for it also. You'd want to supply power to this TEC from 20-24v with a dedicated supply.

TECs warm up regular PC PSUs. Its a phenomenal draw. The lines actually warm up pretty good. Gotta be careful of your seriously considering this.

Look for this part number. TEC # 12715 Qmax of 136w. Only requires 15v max

geling is caused by the wrong mix, you could use alcohol in it as an antifreeze.

Just used what was on hand. It was cheap and easy, worked well. Got my Athlon 6400+ up to 3700mhz :D

I will have a look around thanks Shrimpy!

But I have found something else..
2 words:

​Project Rainfall

I will have a look around thanks Shrimpy!

But I have found something else..
2 words:

​Project Rainfall

Sounds like a bong cooler. Those work great in arid locations, but not so well in humid ones. Also not very good for indoor use unless you want a humidor for a house. Lol

EDIT: Or...your gonna use your rain collector barrel. Now there's an interesting concept. Hmmm.

Sounds like a bong cooler. Those work great in arid locations, but not so well in humid ones. Also not very good for indoor use unless you want a humidor for a house. Lol

EDIT: Or...your gonna use your rain collector barrel. Now there's an interesting concept. Hmmm.
Exactly. :)

This all depends on the moisture level in here though.
It gets incredibly dry in my house during the winter. I also imagine my room to be a bit drier because of the GPU's. They produce quite the amount of hot air from folding.

I'd also have the window open to help with the moisture, i'd just block off the HVAC vent so we don't waste power cooling my room with a window open lol.

Now, what's this about a rain barrel? I actually don't have one. My mom is in the process of getting some though.
Curious to know what you have in mind Blay, might be better than what I'm thinking of, all I got are ideas and a very crude drawing in paint lol

There's a tricky project as well. Everything needs to be just right for it to work well.

I discovered once that those cans of air blow really cold if you lay on it a while. Have temporarily lowered temps on air cooling (tested at idle) to see how it would effect. Results aren't super awesome, but in theory, if you move anything fast enough it creates a chill.

For example, my impact guns at work get cold (actually creates condensation on the motor housing) while running 165lbs of air pressure some 75 bar or more. Since the air is running through so fast, it actually starts to freeze the working gun.

I have thought of running air through a custom built water block vs water. But in reality, I'm too chicken and it's also only for ****s and grins type of stuff.

Sp projects are fun and all but once the spring rolls around being where you are the rad out the window works awesome. I know Johan gets his water down to -20c sometimes when it's really cold out. It's a pisser of a time when you can go for hours benching and don't have to worry about keeping a pot full. The only issue I've had running the rad out the window, is my office window faces south. So when it's really sunny the temps will climb with the sun baking on the rad. To guard against this I just used duct tape and covered the rad with a cardboard box and cut holes in the sides so the fans draw air in from there. Here in NY I will usually see -6 to -10c temps, my best temps so far was one night it was -5 f outside so I did see around -18c water temps. With my Thermalchill Pa 3.120 rad, w/6 x 120mm Yate Loon high speed fans, I can usually get my water temps within 2c of the outside ambient air.

It's a pisser of a time when you can go for hours benching and don't have to worry about keeping a pot full.

That really is a much fun part of the whole cool idea. Something that allows for something that is faster than most and doable for hours. I have a pretty good FX-8350 that will do P95 Blend for over 2.5 hours (@5.2GHz) with my red-nake cooling and can also bench thru 10 or 11 cpu bumps from about 4.3Ghz to 5.3GHz and change. Without having to worry about re-filling an evaporating liquid.

But what really gave me a whirl was air cooling to 4.8GHz for P95 Blend for 2 plus hours with Xigmatek Aegir cooler with push/pull fans. Now that was a freeken trip. Something that could run for days. I am truly suspicious though that all of it is a factor of power/mobo/cpu/cool for real fun. I said earlier the FX-8120; that I did my first writeups with, is now like a ball and chain. Too slow and too hot. Hehehe. Trying to decide if I want to buy a new FX 8 core or just what.

I see where it seems FX-6300s just don't seem to cut the mustard. Too slow for the power they consume. The FX-6350s we have seen were a great deal more effective. But I have video editting software that uses all 8 cores to WFO and just never could do the 6 core thing.

RGone...skisterzzzzzzzzzz

There's a tricky project as well. Everything needs to be just right for it to work well.

I discovered once that those cans of air blow really cold if you lay on it a while. Have temporarily lowered temps on air cooling (tested at idle) to see how it would effect. Results aren't super awesome, but in theory, if you move anything fast enough it creates a chill.

For example, my impact guns at work get cold (actually creates condensation on the motor housing) while running 165lbs of air pressure some 75 bar or more. Since the air is running through so fast, it actually starts to freeze the working gun.

I have thought of running air through a custom built water block vs water. But in reality, I'm too chicken and it's also only for ****s and grins type of stuff.
I can see this working if you have enough pressure. Though, having a compressor nearby won't make for a quiet rig lol.
Sp projects are fun and all but once the spring rolls around being where you are the rad out the window works awesome. I know Johan gets his water down to -20c sometimes when it's really cold out. It's a pisser of a time when you can go for hours benching and don't have to worry about keeping a pot full. The only issue I've had running the rad out the window, is my office window faces south. So when it's really sunny the temps will climb with the sun baking on the rad. To guard against this I just used duct tape and covered the rad with a cardboard box and cut holes in the sides so the fans draw air in from there. Here in NY I will usually see -6 to -10c temps, my best temps so far was one night it was -5 f outside so I did see around -18c water temps. With my Thermalchill Pa 3.120 rad, w/6 x 120mm Yate Loon high speed fans, I can usually get my water temps within 2c of the outside ambient air.

The rad outside deal would only work until april or so, after that the cool wears off though.
It's colder inside the house now than outside. That's why I'm looking at this evap stuff. Cheap and seems to work...

I'd add in 2 valves and 2 tees though, so in the winter, I can bypass the evap and run the rad outside :)
But then again, with the super dry air in the house during winter, the evap would cool the rig and add moisture to the air hmm....

I can see this working if you have enough pressure. Though, having a compressor nearby won't make for a quiet rig lol.

The rad outside deal would only work until april or so, after that the cool wears off though.
It's colder inside the house now than outside. That's why I'm looking at this evap stuff. Cheap and seems to work...

I'd add in 2 valves and 2 tees though, so in the winter, I can bypass the evap and run the rad outside :)
But then again, with the super dry air in the house during winter, the evap would cool the rig and add moisture to the air hmm....

Sorry SP I meant to say once Fall rolls around...I smaat!

Per Request.

Attachments

• 20150530_125328.jpg
    20150530_125328.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20150530_132404.jpg
    20150530_132404.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150411_142913.jpg
    20150411_142913.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20150410_091228.jpg
    20150410_091228.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150410_095003.jpg
    20150410_095003.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 62
Yeah Cinebench is tough SP, you'll get to a point that you're not going to be able to give it more volts without getting it a lot colder. If you have a window near by just stick the rad outside. Even the 13c temps outside will help.

13c outside temps? Damn, it was 37c at my house yesterday. So much for great white north.

I'm positive I would die if it was 37c here in fl. I am wonderind about the bong cooler but y'all say humidity kills it. What is it?
@M_M that's probably just absorbent cloth or paper towels to catch any moisture.

I am wonderind about the bong cooler but y'all say humidity kills it. What is it?
@M_M that's probably just absorbent cloth or paper towels to catch any moisture.
Devlos it's not for smoking!!!! :p and yeah that's to catch moisture between the ram slots.

Yep, just standard Kleenex between the ram slots and between the caps and heatsinks. Basically where ever you can't get the nail polish or liquid tape. Many don't bother with this but I had time so decided to do it.

In pic #1 that's knead-able eraser that can be picked up at any art store(Michaels or Hobby Lobby here). I don't have a pic of the completed process but I'm sure there's plenty on Google-fu. If not I'll post one tonight for ya.

Oh, FYI, Be liberal with the liquid tape if you go that route. It comes off in bigger pieces that way.

Back