• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see a few cars and trucks from up north every once in awhile and they are all eaten up and they aren't even old. Hopefully my Jeep never has to see any salt other then the beach.

I see a few cars and trucks from up north every once in awhile and they are all eaten up and they aren't even old. Hopefully my Jeep never has to see any salt other then the beach.

Won't see salt if ya stay down south :p

Car was built September 1995, for it's age it's in good shape. Engine and tranny are tired though, there's no acceleration to be had. Engine bogs down around 70Kph until I hit 80Kph... Shift gears manually though and it's absolutely fine.
I'm giving it until next spring, by then I'll have plenty of funds to buy another rolla :thup:

Up north get so much snow that sand just won't cut it. It's not uncommon to get 10 or 12 inches in a night. You gotta plow it and salt it OT it won't go away.

Sand is great for those light dusting of snow, but we just don't see that to often.

Not uncommon for pavement to stay frozen over a month here on the road. around 20f bright sun noonish a spot here and there may melt through.
logging roads better when frozen for 200,000 lbs. gravel only.

Up north get so much snow that sand just won't cut it. It's not uncommon to get 10 or 12 inches in a night. You gotta plow it and salt it OT it won't go away.

Sand is great for those light dusting of snow, but we just don't see that to often.

I bought my daughter a 2005 Taurus from Arizona. Underneath the car looks literally brand new. In Connecticut they salt the roads and put some kind of chemical on the bridges.

In Connecticut they salt the roads and put some kind of chemical on the bridges.
That would be a Calcium Chloride/Sodium Chloride and organics compound. We use it also. It's called Ice Ban.
It's actually made here by a company called Millennium Roads. They're the only maker and distributor for the entire Northeast.

yeah, mornings can bottom out or have -50f on the mercury without wind.

Do all cars have block heaters?

That would be a Calcium Chloride/Sodium Chloride and organics compound. We use it also. It's called Ice Ban.
It's actually made here by a company called Millennium Roads. They're the only maker and distributor for the entire Northeast.

Sounds like a good gig for them.

Pretty much any car sold up north here has block heaters for sure you will see them in all chev, dodge, ford some of the imports don't however most dealers will have them installed in the factory when they order..... take a look down the passenger side right beside the rad up front you will probably see a cord you can plug in.

Finally got out in the boat for a fish nothing to exciting but was nice to relax. Lots of traffic on the lake with tubbers, water skiers and jet skies flying around will be glad when Sept rolls around and they are gone for the most part then the real fish get active again. Did disturbe one feathered friend. This Osprey who didn't like me fishing near by .....

bird3b.jpg

once you go far enough north, they quit salting the roads, as there is just too much snow and it stays cold for too long, the salt doesnt do anything.
then they just sand the roads.

Pretty much any car sold up north here has block heaters for sure you will see them in all chev, dodge, ford some of the imports don't however most dealers will have them installed in the factory when they order..... take a look down the passenger side right beside the rad up front you will probably see a cord you can plug in.

Finally got out in the boat for a fish nothing to exciting but was nice to relax. Lots of traffic on the lake with tubbers, water skiers and jet skies flying around will be glad when Sept rolls around and they are gone for the most part then the real fish get active again. Did disturbe one feathered friend. This Osprey who didn't like me fishing near by .....

View attachment 167942

I do most all my fishing from September to first ice to avoid all the skiers, pleasure boaters and tournament fisherman. Mostly for smallies, largemouths, northerns and if I am lucky some walleye. Then when we get safe ice I icefish mostly for panfish.

Love it!

Beer battered crappie. Mmmm so goodt.

Ice fishing is good stuff. We go up to lake Petenwell in Wisconsin. It's the 2nd largest lake has massive N Pikes and plentiful stocks of all fishies.

Down here bass fishing is popular and I have what's known as one of the top lakes for such in the world closeby (Lake Martin).
You can see a parade of boats most any morning regardless of the time of year headed up to do some fishing in the early morning hours. Some of the boats I've seen were custom ones too ='ing $$.

Down here bass fishing is popular and I have what's known as one of the top lakes for such in the world closeby (Lake Martin).
You can see a parade of boats most any morning regardless of the time of year headed up to do some fishing in the early morning hours. Some of the boats I've seen were custom ones too ='ing $$.

Alabama pretty much equals largemouth bass fishing. Some of the bass fishing tournament rigs are amazing. 250+ hp, 22'. Well in the six figure price range. In the USMC I made brief stopovers in Huntsville and Anniston.

Last edited:
Steelhead, Walleye and Trout pretty much rule Michigan fishing though we have most everything.

well scout i have bad news for you, you live in florida.
the salt eats your cars 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
I grew up in ft lauderdale, spent years out around the big lake and lake placid, collage? usf, tampa.
had to trade cars every few years, moved to georgia, no rust in sight.
this year, after the morons in atlanta screwed themselves last year, the state is going to use salt brine............

Back