• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea I really need to buckle down and just invest in a pot. Once I start making submissions with dice will that push me into the extreme league or does that only apply too ln2?
You're already a Rodeo Clown Lochekey hence already extreme. :D
I had a little time today to do some real benching. :thup:
4770k,dice,980,dice.jpg

That it's what I figured. Does not mean I can't get one to play with. Just means I won't make any submissions with it until my tenure in the novice league is finished.

EK 360 radiator without airflow.
outdoor temp 11 F
indoor temp 68 F
after 20 minutes I'm reading coolant temp at 57 F

not connected to a cpu.

0211161241.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

most likely another pump mount and 3 more gallons antifreeze.
use this as to connect into reservoir pump radiator cpu cooler.
and 2nd as reservoir pump radiator cooler.

0211161246.jpg

That it's what I figured. Does not mean I can't get one to play with. Just means I won't make any submissions with it until my tenure in the novice league is finished.

Then no one's the wiser. :thup:

EK 360 radiator without airflow.
outdoor temp 11 F
indoor temp 68 F
after 20 minutes I'm reading coolant temp at 57 F

not connected to a cpu.

View attachment 174810

- - - Updated - - -

most likely another pump mount and 3 more gallons antifreeze.
use this as to connect into reservoir pump radiator cpu cooler.
and 2nd as reservoir pump radiator cooler.

View attachment 174811

This has me confused. If the rad is outside, what's the cooler for?

How to stress test.

So Geekbench was giving me a hard time. So I stress tested my clocks. All seems fine to me!

This would be considered stable no???????

E2-3200 OCCT and Prime stable 3.7ghz.png

idea is of a 2 stage water cooler.
where as one pump combo acts to remove heat from the cpu.
the 2nd pump combo to remove heat from the water supply or reservoir.

I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I don't think it works that way. Unless you're talking about 2 separate closed loops the water temp wont vary much from the start to end of the loop. In this scenario the Rad is the coldest part and the water will warm from that point forward until it gets back to the rad. Even in the cooler the temps will likely be warmer than the outside temp.

Note: The cold water lines will cool the air inside the cooler. But that's a sign that your lines are actually warming up trying to reach thermal equilibrium.

I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I don't think it works that way. Unless you're talking about 2 separate closed loops the water temp wont vary much from the start to end of the loop. In this scenario the Rad is the coldest part and the water will warm from that point forward until it gets back to the rad. Even in the cooler the temps will likely be warmer than the outside temp.

Note: The cold water lines will cool the air inside the cooler. But that's a sign that your lines are actually warming up trying to reach thermal equilibrium.

yes I'm talking about 2 separate loops where as they work together for one cooling block.

- - - Updated - - -

0211161428.jpg

where as each of these coolers get their own radiator and pump.
only one pump goes into the cpu block.

I was guessing should hold a higher cpu thermal rating at indoor temps.

- - - Updated - - -

Placing the cooler outside with the rad, now that might be more useful.

yes

Hmmm, I'll never tell someone they shouldn't try something.

So you're getting an 11f drop in temp from ambient to your CPU loop. This will create better than ambient cooling without creating condensation. Seems like a lot of effort though.

Hmmm, I'll never tell someone they shouldn't try something.

So you're getting an 11f drop in temp from ambient to your CPU loop. This will create better than ambient cooling without creating condensation. Seems like a lot of effort though.

THat's what I was trying to say about the DICE! Got all this pipes and rads waterblocks and all that stuff.... could just put the DICE into a DICE POT and have better temps than any liquid loop. I remember when Johan was doing rads out windows getting -20 or more temps on his loop. Hit some decent clocks I will admit, but got clobbered by Bones and Shrimp's Home made Dice pots.

At certain points, there's experimenting and learning and then there is reality.

Want to drop 10c loop temps on a standard loop? It's winter, open a window and lower ambient room temps 10c. It's not that difficult.

water cooling is definite a lot of hassle overall.
fittings odds and ends etc...
can definite get discouraging.

seems to no end gathering and expense this and that.

along with tracking down materials.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely different ball game though.

yeah 17 C does not temp me enough to power up the chvz .

now short probably 3 gallons more of anti-freeze and also need be thinking a 2nd pump bracket for the 2nd ice chest.

:screwy:

LOL @ Blaylock :rofl:

Man you guys are on another level wtf did I walk into on this forum lol......

I here thinking of maybe adding voltage to my GPU on air with an AIO on my CPU and pondering a full loop someday, but you guys......

I have a lot of reading to do it seems lol....

Back