• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
moar volts

I could use more of those. :drool:

Topped out at 1210 boost clock, which is +61 to the stock clocks.
Memory probably can go higher, I'm at +122 for 1563 Mhz.

Temps are still cold, this ACX cooler is great! Silent too.

Totally worth every nickle.

For a home made DICE pot the bigger the better. I have a Duniek DICE Pot, the tube which hold the DICE/Ln2 is 6 1/2" OD, 5 1/2 " tall, with 1/8 " thick tubing. It works well but when on top of the real heater chips like the Fx 8350 it will eat through the entire contents of the tube, whether it be DICE or Ln2 pretty quickly. Having a pot that will hold more DICE/Ln2 will enable you to spend less time pouring/putting the sub ambient cooling in it.

U mean like this? :D

Tallboy.jpg

Jesus Doc. Huge fans now 14" pots. Is there anything you own that's normal, average Joe equipment. Lol.

Is that TP I see hanging on the wall DOC????? Did the wife throw your *** in the DOG HOUSE for having that monster and now you have to potty outside????

I can :rofl: right now:) Once the wife see the pot I just bought, ( I forgot to :chair: tell her) I'll be out there like you:escape:

Is that TP I see hanging on the wall DOC????? Did the wife throw your *** in the DOG HOUSE for having that monster and now you have to potty outside????

I can :rofl: right now:) Once the wife see the pot I just bought, ( I forgot to :chair: tell her) I'll be out there like you:escape:

TIP:
Use liberally, as needed to sooth your chaffed butt when her foot gets through with it. :rofl:

It's a roll of paper towels I have for cleaning TIM from CPU's blocks and the like - Always swapping stuff around, making it a necessity...... Just like TP you know. :D

@ Blaylock: You were close, it's a 15' tall pot.

I disagree.
Skills and understanding play a bigger role.

I understand why you say that and I do agree - My point being the equip you have makes a difference and the skills combined with good equipment does make for good results if all else is up to task. I know when it comes down to it skills are really more important - Remember my runs with the A7N8X?

No prob - Bench on! :attn:

@ Mandrake: No, it's a conveyor curve roller tube I got from work I used to make that with.

I disagree.
Skills and understanding play a bigger role.

This is how I get 4vrms ro clock like 8.

Happy 4th fellas. Hope you guys are having a good day!! We are at the campgrounds having a total blast.

God bless America!!

Couldn't agree more Jon. Happy 4th everyone. I wish you all a blessed day.

Now to go kill some minions with my boys.

heaven_settings.png
heaven_2gpu.png
heaven_1gpu.png

First ever uniqine benchmark.
Once with and once without crossfire enabled.

all setting mostly stock.

memory 2400mhz volts 1.66
nb 2600 volts 1.23
ht 2600 volts 1.33
fsb 200
cpu/nb volts 1.385
cpu 4.9 ghz volts 1.50

gpu still stock not modified.
947mhz graphics
1250mhz memory

windows 10 64 build 10162
fresh install no process's terminated.

I trust everyone was able to enjoy safe independence day.

Pretty good day was had by family and I.

RGone...

That is great RGone.
Glad to hear it.
I had a 6 pack or so of beer last night. first time in a month or more.
I'm sure more excitement around the valley in town here today.

as of above, seems a single gpu is still always best option because of latency I would guess.

just boot up slax on a usb stick.
man that was easy compared to installing slackware x64x32 onto a hard disc drive.

first time with this aswell.
just attempting look at the coding before the network card arrives.
man I dislike coding, lol......

my radiator in the window has just pull fan config as of now. venting inside. uncertain this is best I can do.
also removed the cooler/reservoir lid and much water vapor dripping off the top. first time I looked.

love those pics of home-made dice pot.

my list continues as of 3d printer kit, vizio 42" 4k tv, more cooling

First ever uniqine benchmark.
Once with and once without crossfire enabled.

all setting mostly stock.

memory 2400mhz volts 1.66
nb 2600 volts 1.23
ht 2600 volts 1.33
fsb 200
cpu/nb volts 1.385
cpu 4.9 ghz volts 1.50

gpu still stock not modified.
947mhz graphics
1250mhz memory

windows 10 64 build 10162
fresh install no process's terminated.

I trust everyone was able to enjoy safe independence day.

I hate to say this, in windowed mode you don't get the effects of crossfire, that why your single card did better.

Edit: forgot to add pic

An example of what you could be looking for, stock overclocked 290x 1050/5400 stock volts.

CFXexample.jpg

I think TinMan is likely on course since I found this with FX-8350 at 4.0Ghz.

Pretty much updated since there are at least 980GTX cards in the listing of scores submitted.
From Tech PowerUp Unigine Heaven Bench 4.0. Data base.
FX-8350 4.0GHz < Cpu speed. R9 290 < In CF 977/1250 < Card Clock 2 <# of Cards 2259 < Score.

RGone...

Not to be unkind to you guys......
Please list Core Speed & Memory Speed on GPU:) Just because you set your 290 - 290x to run @ 1200 Core & 1525 Memory Does Not mean that the card is not throttling back in the back ground.

Back