• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think if I had 8 ft total of hose I'd be able to hang my rad out the window. 20ft is just a bit of ridiculous lol. I guess that explains the huge pump you use. Have you ever thought of using a sump pump and car oil rad?

I think you'll find 8' a bit short. You have to get there and back again without too much strain on anything. A sump pump no but I did consider a heater core at one point but didn't want the hassle and 700 GPH isn't "that" big

Do you cool you're CPU and GPU(s) with just a 360?
No just the Cpu but I agree with Johan, unless you're V Modding a Gpu it's unlikely that you'll even be able to push enough voltage into it to require H2O. It's not like you can just dial up a Gpu and push 1.5 Volts into it. I have a modded BIOS on my 780 Lightning and I still can't go above 1.25 V which with the fans at 100% doesn't go above 80c when benching.

As far as keeping the Cpu cold, with water temps in the -6 to -10c range the hottest I see my cpu go on the Fx is around mid teens low 20's, if I remember correctly. Additionally, you will find when really pushing you will really need to get the Cpu cold in order to get the extra volts in. An example is the 6000+ we both have, I had it on ambient water around 22'c and was topping out at 3.6 Ghz no matter how much voltage I gave it. The Cpu temps were maxing out at mid to high 40's, so I thought it couldn't be a temp issue. When I hooked it up the the cold loop at -6c I was able to get it in above 3.7 all the way to topping out at 3.8. At some point because the chip isn't cold enough, even though it's still below the "recommended max" temps it may not take any more voltage. I have found the same with all of my chips especially the finicky lil btch 4770k.

I've also been considering these two kits as a starting point.

EK X360 Kit

and

XSPC RX360 Kit

I like the look of the XSPC better but would replace the tubing with Primochill Adv LRT. I'm not sure which would be better, but even if the EK is better, not sure if it's worth the additional $125.

Bought some paint for that case of mine today.
I went with Krylon Pumpkin Orange :p
I couldn't find that Corvette orange Manny :(

Anyway, a question about sanding: What grit? 400? Should I sand in a certain way?
And how much sanding?

TBH, I wasn't going to sand it, pain applies fine to the factory finish, but the finish isn't smooth so I guess that where the sanding comes in.

It's also high-gloss paint, they didn't have satin in that colour :-/

Bought some paint for that case of mine today.
I went with Krylon Pumpkin Orange :p
I couldn't find that Corvette orange Manny :(

Anyway, a question about sanding: What grit? 400? Should I sand in a certain way?
And how much sanding?

TBH, I wasn't going to sand it, pain applies fine to the factory finish, but the finish isn't smooth so I guess that where the sanding comes in.

It's also high-gloss paint, they didn't have satin in that colour :-/

When doing something like that, unless it really needs smoothing or damage sanded out. I would use fine steel wool, like 00 grade. All you really need to do is "scuff" it . Take some of the shine off and it allow the new paint to adhere much better.

Silver this thread will answer all of your questions and more. I would sand it first and clear coat it.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/749396-Spray-Painting-Case-Panel-Tips
Awesome! Thanks Blaylock!

When doing something like that, unless it really needs smoothing or damage sanded out. I would use fine steel wool, like 00 grade. All you really need to do is "scuff" it . Take some of the shine off and it allow the new paint to adhere much better.

Okay, so sanding is more or less removing the shine the old paint has basically?

Ya more or less. That's why I use the steel wool. It won't leave deep grooves/lines that'll show up in the finished product.

I've also been considering these two kits as a starting point.

EK X360 Kit

and

XSPC RX360 Kit

I like the look of the XSPC better but would replace the tubing with Primochill Adv LRT. I'm not sure which would be better, but even if the EK is better, not sure if it's worth the additional $125.
I have the EK kit more or less Blaylock, it has served me well, though I'm not using it right now. I actually purchased it as an open box on Ebay for $180.00 because it was missing one fan. If you're looking to save some money you can easily puck up used parts in the classies and ebay. I also feel if you do plan on sticking the rad out the window you may have to do some reading on the specs of those pumps, to see if they will have enough head pressure to pump the fluid. This is all depending on the location of the pump in relation to where the window will be.

I think if I had 8 ft total of hose I'd be able to hang my rad out the window. 20ft is just a bit of ridiculous lol. I guess that explains the huge pump you use. Have you ever thought of using a sump pump and car oil rad?

Try something like this with a copper coil inside, cheap and easy to fix up Blaylock!! ;)

1, http://www.waterbuttsdirect.co.uk/

Its water Butt with a coil inside with a drop of Anti-Freeze and away you go, if you can see what i mean. Sure beats a couple of buckets of Ice water and will last longer i think as well. :attn:

Regards,

AJ.

Yeah but the fun is using the Water Butt and hiding the copper coil inside C--D! lol.

AJ.

Back