• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rain Day and possible Frost Tomorrow Night!

Managed disassemble 3 gpu's and clean much needed dust out of the heatsink.
Clean the water block for the 9370 cpu also.

And install the caster wheels.

0914161759a.jpg

View attachment 183538

Was thinking to try clonezilla for the first time and install this in my network box.
Mechanical drive already in place not in ACHI mode.

Unable to partition this disk during fresh install of network OS in the HP CQ5320F.
Got some frustrating experience with clonezilla, gpart and multiboot usb stick.
was fun but still no way to partition the drive on the HP CQ5320F. No option to change sata from IDE to AHCI or RAID in the Bios.
Windows Machine detects the drive as healthy.
:shrug::screwy:

Another purchase in the local forum. Donuts has been kind to sell me used dual socket f system to build my first virtualization machine.
Thanks overclockers.com

0929161456a.jpg
0929161458.jpg
0929161501a.jpg
0929161501b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As the system is used I am having trouble identifying the board itself.
lol

Have you considered using something like methanol instead of glycol. I find I run into trouble with the viscosity of glycol at low temperatures. I switched to a methanol mixture to help keep flow rates up.

Have you considered using something like methanol instead of glycol. I find I run into trouble with the viscosity of glycol at low temperatures. I switched to a methanol mixture to help keep flow rates up.

I believe I did locate some methanol on amazon.com and left it on a list over to that website. I also definitely noticed overall flow rate decrease with my current mixtures in use last winter.
I mentioned the use of methanol to someone I know in person and they told me methanol is flammable and stay away from flammable materials for now.
lol.

Slowly building more capability here, plan on continuing.

Yes methanol is flammable. I use mine in a closed loop system at a less than 50% concentration so I do not have to worry about any flammability issues.

A methanol mixture is much thinner than a glycol mixture and you will not suffer from the increased viscosity of the mixture at low temps. To give you a comparison a 40/60 mix of methanol water has a viscosity of about 1.79 cp at room temperature where a 60/40 mix of glycol/water will have a viscosity of about 4.2 cp at the same temperature. Please note I chose the ratios to have a comparable freeze point.

I just buy some -30 or -35 windshield washer fluid and use that. It is a low enough concentration to not have to worry about flammability and still gives me all the freeze protection I need. Even if your outside temps do hit -40 as long as you keep the fluid moving you should be fine plus the heat from your system will keep the fluid temperature up.

I can get into the -20c range unloaded.
My problem is recovery time. I's starting to show it's age. I need to build something bigger and newer. Thinking single stage this time but it needs to be very adaptable. I run a lot of old platforms. Water blocks are much easier to adapt.

Last edited:
At least 3 frosty mornings to date.
1st week of Maine Moose hunting by lottery permit in the books.
Yesterday official opening day of Ruffled Grouse hunting. Open until sometime around Christmas I believe.

More colors.

1002160944.jpg

Back