• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Like Johan said it is nothing really strange to see what people will do in order to get more cool on the cheap or what have you. Way outside the box even. Chilled water and A/C duct into the video card fans and whatever else is just laying around. Hehehe.

RGone...

I assume since you have that power cord going over the cards that the 4 pin molex is plugged in for the Pci-E?

You don't need it to run those cards. I had both of them running without it.

I rma'd this board in January for quite similar looking problem. on return the board sat in the back room a couple months.
I of course was in battle with the landlord warden and deep northern maine freeze.
lol.
a google search returned, spoof the system install a pci-e 1x device in the middle of the 2 gpus..........
besides for actual using it as a possible fix, I remember someone commenting, somehow "channels" got closed?
did work for me with the 7870's haven't attempted with these 290's yet.
my results were somewhat random in crossfire, black screen, windows 10 beta, driver or bios settings......... issue became confusing of course.

ive attempted all basics: switch out psu, motherboard and memory.
the gigabyte 970fx posts both gpus

got my 8350 and chvf-z chucked into the air540 case and a little cooling installed.
120x2 rad in the top, 120x3 rad in the front, that OH! S0000000 SEXY raystorm block and xspc 35x pump.
the res for this pump is very small and wreaks all havok with flow but I have an EK ddc 140 pump/res to go in it so that will help the coolant flow.

Attachments

• 4700.PNG
    4700.PNG
    136.4 KB · Views: 65
hahahahah!!
Would you like to know what vcore it would take my chip for that? :D

Indeed those are nice clocks caddi, even with a small amount of rad as you said!

120 X 5 rad is a pretty good sized loop there. Which rads did you use CD. My Black Ice GTX rads just fit in my case. Any pics, curious to see how you have your loop laid out compared to mine. Nice clocks.

Damn. I need to get that ice water going.
Can't even get 5.1 Ghz stable enough to run Cinebench. Didn't even get a screenshot.

And trust me I was pushing the volts hard to get it going.
Should put a valve and a tee in my loop just for this occasion. Bypass the res and run chilled water. :)

Can't even get 5.1 Ghz stable enough to run Cinebench. Didn't even get a screenshot.

Should put a valve and a tee in my loop just for this occasion. Bypass the res and run chilled water. :)
Yeah Cinebench is tough SP, you'll get to a point that you're not going to be able to give it more volts without getting it a lot colder. If you have a window near by just stick the rad outside. Even the 13c temps outside will help.

Been trying to tell you...... Heck you in CA bro. chilling should be simple.

Right now I checked temp difference between my area and yours. You 55f, My place already 70f at 9am.

Go for it man.

Back