• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Believe it or not this E series amd dual core laptop 1.3ghz seems to be running smoother.
all I did was finally get around to those missing windows 8.1 drivers.
Energy management.
Usb card reader.
AHCI

its been 6 months I would guess.

both desktops now new update, build 10159 it seems.

put the 2nd 290, the wifi card in the crosshair V and both gpu's post in the bios.
try crossfire next.

Eh...

Evap cooling isn't sounding like a great idea....
Reading about controlling bacteria growth here and quite frankly, it's tough. Can't just throw in some PT nuke or chlorine since it evaporates into the air I breath :-/

Having a small bong cooler or a Volenti cooler would be great but putting bacteria into the air just isn't worth it. Especially for my cat

I also have reason to believe that the air here is to moist from the great lakes even though the nearest lake is 45min away...

Stuck on a rock as to whether I should continue or simply grab another rad..

Silver,
I don't think it is such a great effective type cooler myself either, and I also don't see why you should not continue with the project.
Its bound to have an advantage in some situations.

Did not manage accomplish much on the way of my "wishlist" as of this week.

could not find kneaded artists eraser in nearby shopping area.

did manage some more enamel spray primer and some replacement drill bits.
also 2' bubble level to double as straight edge.
liquid electric tape.
dielectric silicone, which now has me considering I made incorrect purchase.??!!

butane soldering iron arrived from asia.

was able 72$ 4 port intel gigabit Ethernet adapter on amazon. about lowest price ive seen from months of monitoring pci-e 4 port adapters. older Ethernet card tech I would imagine.

supper stocked frig!
got its work cut out just cooling that much food.

lol........

~Johan,
been at idle crossfire enabled the dual 290's you shipped me about 36 hours now.
like I stated, installed the wifi card in pci-e x1 slot and there you have it.
both gpu's magically show up.
lo

@Silver - I was looking at how the bong is made, It's along the same lines as a Swamp Cooler (< military slang). Never got to see one up close ( where installed on top of houses/small buildings) when I was training in the deserts of Cal. I can attest to there working ability:)

I sent Dolk some mobos for his project:) Blay & Dolk have helped a lot, my next step I need is the size of tube for my home made dice pot:)

PM me if you have any idea's:)

Going to move this to the Lounge Area :)

Last edited:
Well summer has begun!!!

Base Borden has begun dropping bombs again. I woke up to the sound of one exploding :shock:
Wait till Thursdays, they start night bombing :D

Anyways, speaking of Base Borden, they have a full weather station at the heliopad. Today's humidity is 82%.
I also found of historical data on weather averages from the same heliopad.

Average humidity in July is about 50-70% with spikes to 100% are not uncommon. Lowest humidity was 35%...

Bong coolers won't work well here at all. :(
However, I think with enough air movement, a fan or 2 a volenti cooler might work.. I also think that a volenti cooler has a lower risk of putting bacteria into the air. At least then with a volenti I can put some PT nuke in the water and not really be concerned about breathing it in.

Maybe even vent the moist air outside, though the attic access in my closet?

While stationed in El Paso my barracks had a swamp cooler. They worked awesome because the humidity in the desert rarely exceeds 20% so it's the most efficient type of cooler. Here in the north it won't work as well and as Silver has mentioned there is the positivity of growth.

I sent Dolk some mobos for his project:) Blay & Dolk have helped a lot, my next step I need is the size of tube for my home made dice pot:)
For a home made DICE pot the bigger the better. I have a Duniek DICE Pot, the tube which hold the DICE/Ln2 is 6 1/2" OD, 5 1/2 " tall, with 1/8 " thick tubing. It works well but when on top of the real heater chips like the Fx 8350 it will eat through the entire contents of the tube, whether it be DICE or Ln2 pretty quickly. Having a pot that will hold more DICE/Ln2 will enable you to spend less time pouring/putting the sub ambient cooling in it.

Well summer has begun!!!

Base Borden has begun dropping bombs again. I woke up to the sound of one exploding :shock:
Wait till Thursdays, they start night bombing :D

Anyways, speaking of Base Borden, they have a full weather station at the heliopad. Today's humidity is 82%.
I also found of historical data on weather averages from the same heliopad.

Average humidity in July is about 50-70% with spikes to 100% are not uncommon. Lowest humidity was 35%...

Bong coolers won't work well here at all. :(
However, I think with enough air movement, a fan or 2 a volenti cooler might work.. I also think that a volenti cooler has a lower risk of putting bacteria into the air. At least then with a volenti I can put some PT nuke in the water and not really be concerned about breathing it in.

Maybe even vent the moist air outside, though the attic access in my closet?

I'm tellin' ya bro.... Get a bucket of regular old ICE not dice. Add regular old tap water. Slap a fountain pump down in the buck and have at it.

Easiest, quickest, simplest way to get chilling right there. No brain surgery involved, nice low nearly 0 temps at idle, probably 30c at load.

Now to get you to stop thinking about it and actually doing it.

Simply use dielectric grease or that stuff in a tub in the bathroom used for fap'ing. Petroleum Jelly. Use generously in and around the cpu socket area front and back of the board.

I'm tellin' ya bro.... Get a bucket of regular old ICE not dice. Add regular old tap water. Slap a fountain pump down in the buck and have at it.

Easiest, quickest, simplest way to get chilling right there. No brain surgery involved, nice low nearly 0 temps at idle, probably 30c at load.

Now to get you to stop thinking about it and actually doing it.

Simply use dielectric grease or that stuff in a tub in the bathroom used for fap'ing. Petroleum Jelly. Use generously in and around the cpu socket area front and back of the board.

:rofl:

Heheh that jelly eh?

Oh yes, I plan on the good 'ol ice water, but I'm trying to think of a cooling solution that'll give me near ambient temps 24/7. Another rad would help, but I like unique things.

Things like evap cooling, or a small TEC loop connected to my main loop.

I have here, some 1x1 poplar square dowels. The beginnings of a new case. Seems I switch cases a lot...
I plan on a nice rectangular frame for the water cooling stuff, with plexiglass sides, and a nice 30* angled mount for the res & mobo.

Similar to what eagle and 1stwind here have done :)

Back