• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice case eagle!
lotta rigs at your house now eh?

4 desktop towers, laptop and push cart.
lots of tangled wires an issue.

dual socket f system is ddr2 and also sata2
installing os seems similar problem as the sata2 ssd in the network box as using sata3 ssd in the dual socket.
cpu temps seem high to start in the dual socket rig as minimal effort in applying heatsink for initial startup of the system.

priority upgrades include:
pushcart/openairrig add inline pump and 2ndry PSU to allow option of inline water or sump pump and identify toggle switch options.
decide if to mount a vehicle radiator hard mounted outside for the winter season.
increase soft copper to 1/2" from 3/8" diameter as most likely smaller diameter is restricting sump pump.
adapter fittings from G1/4" to Brass and Soft Copper.
also more valve options.

HP/Compaq rig operating as network box may possibly be time to trade out the motherboard/mainboard.
Socket AM3 may be utilized as sataIII and place the current sataII HDD and SSD into the dual socket f system.
This would also allow to utilize expansion slots currently unavailable in the current motherboard which is also limited to 4GB DDR3.

3 systems here could use upgrade to 16Gb DDR3
media box APU could use a GPU

etc. etc. etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Although I get a tentative rehire date of May 8 my seasonal employment is scheduled to layoff on Nov. 22

Opening day of Maine Resident Deer Hunting Rifle Season this Saturday.
Official opening Monday.

Opening day in Michigan is the 15th. Looking forward to another good season.

Good luck out there Unsafest.

You know how they say nothing like experience and dive head first.
The term "Flying Dutchman" can be used here.
lol

One cut straight off the stump and run like hell.

lol

Canadacomputers has been knocking prices dow so I picked up an FX-8370 came with a code for the new DeusEx game. Nothing spectacular but still a good chip Did some quick testing with my limited time this weekend
FX-8370 @ 5.4 1.55v
2x4 Gskill 1866 Cl9
NB 2800 1.25v

r15 5.4.JPG

FB_IMG_1477923784333.jpg

FYI, I have no idea if it's an actual cat in there or just a local rat as it's just a meme pulled from FB. Either way, here is a more cat friendly on that made me chuckle a bit. Plus I love rottie's.

FB_IMG_1477923921197.jpg

Got to at least research the VMachine today.
PXE booting and FreeNAS.
This should work nicely as first layer of the hypervisor.

Corsair SSD SATA II in route 120 GB.
256 GB SATA III SSD in route from local forum.
G. Skill 2 x 8 GB 1600 MHZ Tridentx in route.

Hows Everyone?

Waiting for stuff from ebay...

Did my 2nd oil change on the Corolla today. Trying out some Penzoil Ultra Platinum full synthetic oil. Supposedly made from natural gas which i know burns clean so I guess the oil should clean better / be cleaner?

Guess we will see in 6000 Km at the next oil change.

Thinking about picking up a ZVS driver + coil to make an induction melter for aluminum and possibly making aluminum bronze. I've always wanted a foundry actually.

Thinking about picking up a ZVS driver + coil to make an induction melter for aluminum and possibly making aluminum bronze. I've always wanted a foundry actually.

Interesting project, melting down and purifying metals. etc....

I would think 6000 Kilometers would be just barely enough to start turning any full synthetic motor oil.
im no mechanic.
each situation different.

Back