• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if there's a special bios out there for the CHV-z or maybe I just need to try a different one???

It's not the bios, it's the low cpu voltage. Try getting up to 1.95 - 2.1v somewhere and she'll go more.

VRM freq to like 450-max too.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it's a current thing Manny. R15 is a lot tougher and always locks up onme. I didn't have the CPU set to 140% in BIOS but when I switched I gained anoth 300 MHz. I have seen some runs well over 7G. I wonder if there's a special bios out there for the CHV-z or maybe I just need to try a different one???
Yeah I've always noticed R15 was tougher and or the opposite of 11.5. R15 is harder near the end where as 11.5 seems tougher in the beginning. Still kudos buddy nice clocks you have there. As far as the CHV and a different BIOS you're guess would be better then mine.

Very nice work boyz! I'm spending the night in my Dungeon tonight. The beer will flow and so will the voltage!

I end the day much the same way it started:
4.4....PNG

All day to get 28 Mhz faster RAM, and a rig that can't run P95 longer than 2 minutes without dropping a worker. :-/
On the bright side, no more WHEA errors and using less Vcore!

Less vCore is always good. Look at the bright side. You don't NEED to look for a new CPU tomorrow.

It's not the bios, it's the low cpu voltage. Try getting up to 1.95 - 2.1v somewhere and she'll go more.

VRM freq to like 450-max too.

I had everything maxed out S_B even the VRM frequency. That's just it though more voltage doesn't help. It just keeps locking up as soon as I hit run. I wish I'd have had more juice but that 580 gobbled it up real quick.

I had everything maxed out S_B even the VRM frequency. That's just it though more voltage doesn't help. It just keeps locking up as soon as I hit run. I wish I'd have had more juice but that 580 gobbled it up real quick.

Ohh you mean for benching? I thought it was for a top cpu-z.....

In that case, your about at the top of the chips capability. 6650mhz is a pretty good speed. Nothing to sneeze at brother. I've yet to find one that can bench all 8 past about 6500mhz (give or take) on all cores.

Both chips youre depicting are running about 2.0v Johan. GOnna have to lay it on her!!

I did do a little research on an after market bios..... Haven't found anything that sticks out. These boards are already set up pretty heavily for this type of overclocking though..... So there'd be no point really trying to alter the bios as it's pretty much completely unlocked. Not a feature hidden,, and no cpu not supported.

Though seen guys buy stacks of processors to find the one that goes the furthest. You could try throwing clown coins at it and see if you find a chip that'll bench 7ghz and up!

No doubt single thread benchmarks you should be benching in the 7ghz range without too much troubles I'd imagine. :drool:

Ya I just ran out of gas yesterday. So I was in a hurry. My last bench was SPi32 and got the not exact error after iteration 24. Did a real quick CPUz and I was done. I'm going to take that set-up to Montreal and bench it on Saturday for freestyle. Hoping to learn PSCheck before then and maybe get my 8+ validation.

So I've been checking this thread out periodically and thought I'd contribute something. Had this old PC sitting on my desk, and low and behold I forgot I had tried to put Win& 32bit (only cause I doubt I could get 64bit to load. Have a laugh, a trip down memory lane or just something to waste 30 secs of your life with.

OldSchool.jpg

OldSchool2.jpg

This was the first PC I assembled some 10+ years ago.

you think I might be able to OC that ole tincan? I thought about it, just bein a pain to update, damn is it slow.

Back