• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 1st benching on LN2 was simply LN2 in the pot and paper towels to protect motherboard, no eraser or any other protection on the mobo :)

I'm thinking copper condenser coil dropped into a rain collector barrel, the moonshine distiller type. You'll never get sub zero that way but should be able to get some great ambient temps.

Ahh! Similar to what I was thinking for the sump wells!
Though I was just gonna drop my rad in the well and see what happens lol.

Okay, I like that idea a lot, and we can put a rain barrel right beneath my window too :)
Wonder how long it would take to heat saturate a rain barrel.....

The bong looks interesting, I'd like to make one but idk I'm picturing a smoke stack coming out of the case lol.

I can do this if/when I make the bong cooler :D

I was thinking about using a small mist nozzle for the "rain" part. Flash evaporation or something. At the very least, drill the nozzle bigger if it doesn't work to make smaller droplets.

There is a big disadvantage to the bong cooler as you put it ....... Humidity dumped right into your house. I seen a thread not long ago here about them and thought that would be neat, but ...... there is a big but you then have to deal with the extra moisture you dump into your house if not it can lead to allot of issues like rot and mould growth.

the water collects in the bottom of the bong and then you pump it back to the blocks, it sits over in the corner, water is pumped over to it and in the top showerhead then collects in the bottom.
you don't drill the holes bigger, you want many, smaller droplets to get the surface area, think crushed ice in a glass instead of cubes, more, smaller pieces, more surface area.
the fan that blows in the bottom is low flow just enough to change the air up and out the stack and not carrie the water dr4ops out with it.

There is a big disadvantage to the bong cooler as you put it ....... Humidity dumped right into your house. I seen a thread not long ago here about them and thought that would be neat, but ...... there is a big but you then have to deal with the extra moisture you dump into your house if not it can lead to allot of issues like rot and mould growth.

Yeah... I want to first measure my moisture level in my room first before I even attempt to build it.
Perhaps a small desk fan would eliminate that mould risk...
the water collects in the bottom of the bong and then you pump it back to the blocks, it sits over in the corner, water is pumped over to it and in the top showerhead then collects in the bottom.
you don't drill the holes bigger, you want many, smaller droplets to get the surface area, think crushed ice in a glass instead of cubes, more, smaller pieces, more surface area.
the fan that blows in the bottom is low flow just enough to change the air up and out the stack and not carrie the water dr4ops out with it.

Hmmm you're right. Something I didn't think of was the rain feeds the pump... Use a mist nozzle and bye bye pump.

My 1st benching on LN2 was simply LN2 in the pot and paper towels to protect motherboard, no eraser or any other protection on the mobo :)

Well it was so humid today I had nothing but problems tring to bench 3D. Didn't get a decent run in before the board got wet. Switched boards and a piece of my insulation got stuck between the pot and the extension. Not enough that I noticed but enough to let all the LN2 run all over the board and then that one wouldn't post. I did get a bit of 2D done earlier but man benching in the summer suck when you don't have Air.
Here's my best run of the day but needed some ram work.
pifast 18.34.JPG

How can it pass pifast and you still miss something for that 8GHz ? ;) ... I know you needed that for the competition, great job with that clock :thup:

I don't know Woomack but as soon as I cross that line it shuts down tried again today just for a minute and no go. I'll have to give it a shot again when it's not so humid.

Thanks Gonester that was an interesting read ....... not sure if that is something I will try as the humidity here by the lake is already pretty high ...... but hey you never know. Gotta save that link though ....... read it through again. Did you ever do the next build?

Thanks Gonester that was an interesting read ....... not sure if that is something I will try as the humidity here by the lake is already pretty high ...... but hey you never know. Gotta save that link though ....... read it through again. Did you ever do the next build?

I might get lucky on this.

I'm surrounded by hectares of land. Only a small man made pond by the golf course :)
Humidity might be low enough year round for this to work. Tomorrow, I can hopefully buy a hygrometer.

How can it pass pifast and you still miss something for that 8GHz ? ;) ... I know you needed that for the competition, great job with that clock :thup:
I wonder the same, but was witness to the Cpu crashing every time it went above 8.0. Johan had one at the benching gathering we went to, that crashed on the Cpu Validation, I believe it was 8030 Mhz IIRC.

hey guys, just been trying to play around with AMD Overdrive to turn up the clocks a little bit while in windows.
when i change the voltage with overdrive, i see the change in cpu-z, but when i try to change the cpu speed, or the multiplier, the change never actually occurs, was just wondering if any of you knew why it would do that, and how i would fix it?

hey guys, just been trying to play around with AMD Overdrive to turn up the clocks a little bit while in windows.
when i change the voltage with overdrive, i see the change in cpu-z, but when i try to change the cpu speed, or the multiplier, the change never actually occurs, was just wondering if any of you knew why it would do that, and how i would fix it?

For me AOD actually throttles when I hit a certain voltage.
I have also had it not apply my clock changes too....

I stuck with BIOS overclocking...

Are you using the latest version?
Shrimpbrine here uses AOD once in a while, maybe he will know why :)

That's odd, I can use it just fine with my Crosshair V Formula non Z. Are you using an old version, maybe try a newer one if so?

Back