• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You were 40 minutes away from me at that point. :)
That's not that far wow!
We came down through another border crossing... I don't recall which one, but we came through upstate New York on our way down. :)

How far is Manny's deli from the border?
Now that I have a passport I can actually visit him and grab some lunch!

MANNY!!! BABY!!!
I've been playing you a little this weekend, playing at a little 1/8th mile strip.

Long drive for lunch Kyle but you're always welcome. Gateway Gourmet Deli
I'd like to have a shopping trip one day, probably staying overnight in a hotel or something and since there's a Microcenter near you it just makes sense to stop by for lunch.
Can't say when this'll happen but I'll have your deli address saved in my phone ready to go :)

Now, if any of you need a hand warmer and you happen to have an old AMD Sempron lying around...

Now, if any of you need a hand warmer and you happen to have an old AMD Sempron lying around...

not an issue silver, I have an 8350, I'll have a toasty, warm winter.

MANNY!!! BABY!!!
I've been playing you a little this weekend, playing at a little 1/8th mile strip.
With?

Funny thing you were playing me and I was playing RGone this Thursday. My lil guy has been working for me a few days a week during the summer. He saved up the money he's made and bought a Traxxas Aton. Damn thing is really cool, I believe it does 50 mph. I took a day off and we went to the beach. We were flying it around a bit, I can see the allure. Hope all the clowns are well.

Kyle, microcenter is about 20 minutes from the deli. You're always welcome to stop bye.

Speaking of Rgone, how is he?
Hope he's doing alright.

He needs to swing by here again and say hello :)

Hey Manny hope things are going well for you.
Thanks Lochekey things are well. Hope you are doing well also.

Speaking of Rgone, how is he?
Hope he's doing alright.

He needs to swing by here again and say hello :)
Bobster is doin well SP, he seems to be loving flying his drones around. I chatted with him a few weeks back via e mail and hes as crazy as ever :D

That's not that far wow!
We came down through another border crossing... I don't recall which one, but we came through upstate New York on our way down. :)

How far is Manny's deli from the border?
Now that I have a passport I can actually visit him and grab some lunch!

Could have been Fort Erie too. I cross there quite a bit depending on where I go and seems to have the least hassles. Crosses into Buffalo pretty much.

Thanks Lochekey things are well. Hope you are doing well also.

Bobster is doin well SP, he seems to be loving flying his drones around. I chatted with him a few weeks back via e mail and hes as crazy as ever :D

Hey bud, nice to see you still visit. Bobert sure does love his copter don't he. I get updates every now and then.

Coptor...... he hehe...... how much does he have that overclocked I wonder.

Last edited:
I picked up a desktop for my son to game on. His laptop is aging and is finally learning the limits of laptops and their inability to be upgraded.

I bought this from a college lady who was moving to FLA and didn't want to transport it. It's not an OC rig but it's just for gaming so no biggie.

20160831_170859.jpg

i5-4660 : 1x8Gb Ram : 2Tb HDD : DVD RW :

It was in desperate need of a cleaning as you can see.

20160831_170909.jpg

The plan was to add a GPU so that it would be a capable gamer but that 300W PSU (Firebox) had to go. So we upgraded it to an OCZ 700W I had laying around. I also dropped in a HD7850 I had from my mining days. Sadly the way this crappy proprietary Acer board is made there is no way to plug in the front USB3.0 cable with a GPU installed. :shrug:

20160831_180222.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p

I can't believe you lead your son to the dark side.
Wheres his FX 8300???????? :D

I've never been a fanboi of either. I've always looked at power to price and that usually lead me down the AMD path. In this case it was used so it's pretty much a "here's what you get" scenario. As far as the FX 8300, I was pretty surprised the i5-4460 is about equal for mult-icore functions but blows it away in all single core apps. Factor in the fact it's only an 85W chip and the stock cooler does a good enough job and it's a no brainer. Plus did I mention it was cheap. :)

Nice find man, sure the kid will love it compared to his old laptop :clap:

You know, I'm actually contemplating giving Intel another shot......
Since I hear there's anew gen on the horizon (again) I figure the older gens will come down in price.

Last team blue chip I had was that terrible 3570K. Wonder what's changed...

Back