• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
70C?????

Are you ok? Do you have burns?

EDIT

Need to press F5 more often.

Ha, I'm not sure that defaults will fix it Dolk

No.... no defaults will fix this..... Unless you consider many frost ice cold beers as a reset to defaults.

I just got the boat in the water on Sunday planning to get out this weekend...... we shall see. Found a new area to check out........ long overdue I'm afraid.

Gee I'd say, we might have to change your handle if this keeps up.
Beer is my favourite default.

No.... no defaults will fix this..... Unless you consider many frost ice cold beers as a reset to defaults.

I just got the boat in the water on Sunday planning to get out this weekend...... we shall see. Found a new area to check out........ long overdue I'm afraid.

Be careful out there...;)

URGENT - MARINE WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA
906 PM PDT THURSDAY AUG 20 2015
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PDT SATURDAY...
WATER TEMP EXCEEDING 80C DUE TO GLOBAL WARMING OR SOMETHING.

This thread has gone completely off topic. I like it. :D

That's cause there really is no topic. If you look back far enough you'll find some weird stuff man. At least there's no more ponies!

Water temps can very allot across Ontario and Quebec. The Ottawa river which is big and deep in allot of places with heavy currents will get up to mid 70*C temps in the main part of the river but once in the bays you can see low/mid 80*c temps. White Lake near by can get to mid 80*c as well. I live on Buck Lake near Kingston Ont and had the boat out on the weekend, noticed the temps were pretty warm down at the shallow end @ 82*c but would imagine imagine main Lake to be around 75*c+. Right now it has been HOT with temps in the 30*C+ range and humidity . That up to low 40*C tell you one think when it gets this hot that 70*C water feels so nice.

Now I know where I want to go for escaping the heat we normally get here. :D

80*f is almost like fall here, we normally have temps at or above 100 with dewpoints up into the mid to high 70's this time of year.... Be happy with what you have.

Now I know where I want to go for escaping the heat we normally get here. :D

80*f is almost like fall here, we normally have temps at or above 100 with dewpoints up into the mid to high 70's this time of year.... Be happy with what you have.

Was thinking about this allot today ...... dam when I was 20 - 30 years old I was working on a roof 12 - 14 hour days slinging around a 100lbs mop of 500*F tar and never really complained much till it got up to around 30*C+. Now thinking back on that I couldn't do it again ..... mind you 20+ years has passed since then, not sure if it is old age kicking in or just sensibility starting to sink in ........ The weather back then in Ottawa was allot more like what you get down in the lower south ....... typically 30*C+ with humidity I have seen temps up to 45*C with humidity over 50*C I think that would kill me now (figuratively speaking). The weather here in Kingston is nice comparatively.

I'll let you guy's make up your own mind on that.

Was thinking about this allot today ...... dam when I was 20 - 30 years old I was working on a roof 12 - 14 hour days slinging around a 100lbs mop of 500*F tar and never really complained much till it got up to around 30*C+. Now thinking back on that I couldn't do it again ..... mind you 20+ years has passed since then, not sure if it is old age kicking in or just sensibility starting to sink in ........ The weather back then in Ottawa was allot more like what you get down in the lower south ....... typically 30*C+ with humidity I have seen temps up to 45*C with humidity over 50*C I think that would kill me now (figuratively speaking). The weather here in Kingston is nice comparatively.

I'll let you guy's make up your own mind on that.

you were just okay with it when you were younger because you didnt know any better!

I don't think they had invented AC yet when bassnut was young. :D

Actually the first AC unit I seen was in my teens and my parents bought 2 back when they were 300 / 400 a pop till they found out that they can cause cancer. They were very bad back then. I have grown to hate the heat, most likely from the years I spent roofing. All we did was hot tar and gravel........ FREEKING HOT.

I'm with you ther bud, got a similar heat allergy. I think my first AC was in a car I bought new in 1990. My parents didn't get anything till I was long gone.

I'm with you ther bud, got a similar heat allergy. I think my first AC was in a car I bought new in 1990. My parents didn't get anything till I was long gone.

I'm not a fan of the heat either. Probably doesn't help carrying some extra weight around :-/

T-shirts are meant for snowblowing and general outdoor activities in the winter for me :D

We are having one of the hottest summers on record I cannot wait till it starts to mellow out in late September. Its been so hot I haven't been out on the boat in awhile.

We are having one of the hottest summers on record I cannot wait till it starts to mellow out in late September. Its been so hot I haven't been out on the boat in awhile.

The Canadian guys complaining of the heat should really try coming to the southeastern states in July and August. 90+ degrees at 7 am with near 100% humidity.

The Canadian guys complaining of the heat should really try coming to the southeastern states in July and August. 90+ degrees at 7 am with near 100% humidity.
Ain't been much better in the NE either. 90 degrees with a 70+ degree dewpoint. :p
I spent the last week on blacktop jobs. Yay.....:p:p

Back