• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oooooh I've been there before.
I want to see you succeed where I was unable (making those fittings stop leaking!!!)

Clean those fittings up nice before you use 'em. For brass, some flour, vinegar and a little salt. Make a paste and let the brass fittings sit in it for a while. They should be sparkly after a few min of sitting and after a rinse.

1018161613a.jpg
1018161613b.jpg

This SSD to go in the Gigabyte 970fx currently used as my Ubuntu rig folding.
Replace the 1 TB mechanical drive currently in use with the OS

- - - Updated - - -

This Should will be the final and all 6 in house rigs with a SSD drive for OS.

- - - Updated - - -

Final is a strong word. lol. Brings all systems I have up to date with a SSD.
:thup:

Nice score on the aluminum and the PSU!

Any plans for the aluminum?

Aluminum is planned to separate the reservoir area and radiator area in the push cart.
I may possibly drop the open air bench rig on a step down of whats already in place on the cart.
But certainly framing to separate the bottom reservoirs and a radiator area above the reservoirs for mounting.

No machine bolts or screws currently out.

- - - Updated - - -

last night I borked the folding@home application install on the Ubuntu rig Mushkin SSD.
Reinstalling Ubuntu as I type.

If you do anything enough it gets mundane. Taking apart I-beams with a 200 ton shear just has to put a smile on your face though.

Since noon Friday I musta put 20 hours in the push cart.
Rain is soaking the region.

I am left with a noisy pump.
Perhaps an additional filter in-between the pond master sump pump and the cpu water block would help.
Also an easy setup to drain the fluid and manually screen out particles.
System was overall dusty to say the least.

1023160234.jpg

Also Folding@Home Applications on Windows and Ubuntu both seem buggy.
Mushkin SSD still needs finished configuring.

I believe most all need remaining components for the virtualization rig have been purchased.

All is more than good for now.

Spent 3 hours this a.m. screening the anti-freeze mixture through a small funnel with some filter material.

pump is alittle less loud but A lot of dirt removed from the fluid.

1023160902.jpg

Mixed rain and a few snow flakes outside first ive seen this year.

Nice job eagle!

But I have to ask, why is there dirt in your coolants?

Well for 1 the coolant is probably 10 months old from start. This is the first time I filtered/screened the fluid.
2nd from fabricating time and time again reworking etc.. many metal shavings have been cleaned previous from the room.
3rd just opening and closing the cover may have contributed dust etc...
4th an incredible amount of lint and dust build in this apartment. I literally from the fluid and stuck in the radiator fins moths hornets and bugs were removed.
lol..

Pics, pics and more pictures.
lol.
:salute:

When is enough enough?
l0l

1026161618.jpg
1026161618a.jpg
1026161621.jpg

Full Tower Chasis has arrived for Dual Socket Virtualization Rig.
Tower Stands 5" and 6" taller than my Mid Tower rigs.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe was $76 to the door.

Back