• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not yet, gonna hit some prime later tonight and tomorrow I think. Still playing and having fun. This Bios is pretty amazing. My 990FX X9 is nice but this thing is schweet! I can set a different vCore for each core.

Still goin.

Wow 4.6 ghz on only .68 volts nice chip ;)

Did a little more DICE Putzun today on a chip I will say had a personality like no other AMD I've played with. I benched a 960T I have had for a while which was previously owned by I.M.O.G, lets just say it hasn't lead an easy life. After banging my head against the wall for two hours because of the the amount of crashes/Bluescreens and finally realizing a Borked OS. I was able I was able to put together a few decent runs but it certainly had very odd behavior. For example I would be able to boot to windows and run a bench at X oc, then would reboot and it wouldn't post at those same clocks. I would lower the clocks and still no post. I would have to clear the CMOS almost every time after a bench run just to get it to post again. Even after re imaging the Xp install I was having issues with it was still doing this from time to time. It was really weird behavior. Anyhow, I was able to get off a decent Cpu-Z sub of 5423 with it.

Did a little more DICE Putzun today on a chip I will say had a personality like no other AMD I've played with. I benched a 960T I have had for a while which was previously owned by I.M.O.G, lets just say it hasn't lead an easy life. After banging my head against the wall for two hours because of the the amount of crashes/Bluescreens and finally realizing a Borked OS. I was able I was able to put together a few decent runs but it certainly had very odd behavior. For example I would be able to boot to windows and run a bench at X oc, then would reboot and it wouldn't post at those same clocks. I would lower the clocks and still no post. I would have to clear the CMOS almost every time after a bench run just to get it to post again. Even after re imaging the Xp install I was having issues with it was still doing this from time to time. It was really weird behavior. Anyhow, I was able to get off a decent Cpu-Z sub of 5423 with it.

I noticed today you got some 960T runs done with some nice results...... Now I'm just gonna steal back those points..... One day.... Maybe..... Well...... U kno...... :D
What a waste of a good 3 day weekend - Wet weather moving in so no sub-zero for now. By the time it's gone I'll be back at work again.

However those are indeed some good runs you pulled off, nice job. :salute:

Nice work man, sounds like it was gettin to ya. Did you reflash the BIOS? Cause I think you might need to. It might be the CPU but I have had those symptoms before. Moisture will act a lot like that too. You have been at that quite a bit lately , maybe it wasn't quite dry? Still I would flash the BIOS.

So here's 30 min Small FFT 4.7G @1.35v. Max core temp 88c, Max Socket 87c. A lillte higher than I like but keep in mind this is on my benching rig so there is zero airflow at the socket. I was faily surprized to see the cores jump to 85c as soon as the test began. Being an AMD guy my heart had that initial shock of "Oh Crap". LOL Now to start dropping the vCore to see how low it'll go then bring it up some more. This is set-up to be my primary benching rig so Max stability really is a non-issue, but it's good to know anyhow.

4.7 small fft.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice run Mike! I had similar issue with my last DICE runs. I feel your pain.

Not in the immediate future. If things continue well with this chip she'll be Sub Zero soon. If not then she'll be on the market and I'll be looking for a new one. I'll not stand for under-achievers. Either perform or you're fired.

I noticed today you got some 960T runs done with some nice results...... Now I'm just gonna steal back those points..... One day.... Maybe..... Well...... U kno...... :D
What a waste of a good 3 day weekend - Wet weather moving in so no sub-zero for now. By the time it's gone I'll be back at work again.

However those are indeed some good runs you pulled off, nice job. :salute:
Thanks Bones, I was trying my best to get your Sp32m run, I think that was where I Borked the Os. You definitely weave some magic on those Sp runs of yours. :D

Nice work man, sounds like it was gettin to ya. Did you reflash the BIOS? Cause I think you might need to. It might be the CPU but I have had those symptoms before. Moisture will act a lot like that too. You have been at that quite a bit lately , maybe it wasn't quite dry? Still I would flash the BIOS.
I just flased this BIOS on the board because of the issues I was having getting it to run the Fx chips over 1.65v. I pulled the rig apart about 10 minutes ago and not a drop of water is on it. I'm just chalking it up to a chip that has lived a hard life.

Not bad at all Blaylock, hopefully you can hit the 6.0 and make it useful.

I played with the 9370 and CHVF tonight. Got a bios installed that lets me split the modules. New OS cause things just weren't right and I put AISuite on Ran 4 cores one per module up over 5.8

cores.jpg

http://valid.canardpc.com/zkxhyf

5860.JPG

Not in the immediate future. If things continue well with this chip she'll be Sub Zero soon. If not then she'll be on the market and I'll be looking for a new one. I'll not stand for under-achievers. Either perform or you're fired.

Tell that to my 3570K :mad:

I'm glad you have a good chip Blaylock. I was a bit worried I'd see another shetty Intel craptastic chip.

Thanks Bones, I was trying my best to get your Sp32m run, I think that was where I Borked the Os. You definitely weave some magic on those Sp runs of yours. :D

I've learned a few things about doing long runs in Super PI - However you did well with WPrime vs my results so I"d call it even overall. :D

On a side note about Intels, I'm lucky to have the chip I do with my 3770K, 5.8GHz chip on DICE isn't too shabby - Nope, never been delidded either.

Thanks everyone. I believe this to be a good to upper average chip. P95 Small FFT stable for 30mins at 4.8G @1.325v. Max core was 87c, max socket was 86c. That's right where I was hoping to be. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night or Sunday to find my max OC under water with lets say 1.45v. To early to burn this one up. If she does well then I'll introduce her to some cold at Brian's torture room, maybe even try for that 6.0G.

4.8 small fft.PNG

Thanks everyone. I believe this to be a good to upper average chip. P95 Small FFT stable for 30mins at 4.8G @1.325v. Max core was 87c, max socket was 86c. That's right where I was hoping to be. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night or Sunday to find my max OC under water with lets say 1.45v. To early to burn this one up. If she does well then I'll introduce her to some cold at Brian's torture room, maybe even try for that 6.0G.
Sounds like it's a goodun so far Blaylock...here's hoping for it being as good cold. Just to give you a comparo I was in the 100's running the older version of Prime Blend at 1.25 V on my chip. I have to settle for 4.4 on the custom loop at 1.23 for a 24/7 Oc. Though, it never sees normal 24/7 run time, it's a benching chip.

Boy you fellas are hitting some nice clocks!! Very good eye candies.

@Johan, I have the same question as polroger about your cooling. Is that a rad out the window chilled or what? Sorry for asking, but you guys never seem to mention what chilling methods your using.

@ anyone, TECs on w/e??

Ambient. In the winter the rads hang outside with antifreeze in the line.

New eye candies.

View attachment 162982
It also serves as a hair dryer if the fans are turned around...not that I would need one. :D

Boy you fellas are hitting some nice clocks!! Very good eye candies.

@Johan, I have the same question as polroger about your cooling. Is that a rad out the window chilled or what? Sorry for asking, but you guys never seem to mention what chilling methods your using.
I'd bet that's with his rad in the freezer!

Last edited:
Back