• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some one sent me this video I thought it was hysterical I had to share it.

How Animals eat their food.

Funny shett "manny"...

...The problem is when I got to the 'tube', I waste a lot of time. That video has cost me probably 2 hours since I see something else and the rabbit chase is on. MEM to WeLoveRussia to Crazy Cops to just now Spectre and Apache Gunships. Quite a wide range. Plus I went by MEM and 7 ways to discipline your kid.

Now I need to actually get back to what I planned. Hehehe. Thanks man for the hOOt.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

...The problem is when I got to the 'tube', I waste a lot of time. That video has cost me probably 2 hours since I see something else and the rabbit chase is on. MEM to WeLoveRussia to Crazy Cops to just now Spectre and Apache Gunships. Quite a wide range. Plus I went by MEM and 7 ways to discipline your kid.

Now I need to actually get back to what I planned. Hehehe. Thanks man for the hOOt.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I hear ya gonster I do the same I had the little guy watching it with me and he was like "lets watch this one and now that one". :D

Oh and had some cold last night, water temps -1 to -2c and was able to barely do this, it actually blue screened while I was submitting the validation. Lucky for me I guess it hit the validation website before she crashed. The chip will not take any more voltage unless I can get the temps down, it will not boot over 1.65v and within windows if I get above 1.68125 it just freezes even at lower clocks, anyhoo.
Capture2.PNG

So after 2 days of dealing with a family member passing I've gotten to mess around some. Below is a pic of what I'm running into.

New CPU = FX 8320
Mew MOBO = MSI 970 Gaming (super mega overclocks weren't my goal. Surprisingly for not having LLC voltage is remarkably stable, drops .008 at most under load) Voltage selection is a little different as well.
Its Prime stable for hours @ 4.0, and 4.1 with minimal bumps in voltage. 4.2 is being a lot pickier.

CPU/FSB Freq is locked @ 200 for some reason. Talked to a couple other people with the same board and it seems to be the case on all. Suggestions? Raising CPU_NB Voltage causes a restart

Also another interesting fact. The CPU doesnt do any of the power saving throttling type stuff and I didnt change anything relative in the BIOS. If I load defaults it does the whole cool n quiet bit, but after changing just the multi to 20, and +.005 vcore no more power saving.

P95fail.PNG MSI_SnapShot1.jpg MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg MSI_SnapShot_01.jpg

Last edited:
That's only the 2nd Msi Gaming I've seen come through the forum Luke. From the looks of it on paper it should good for a mild Oc. I wouldn't know about the cpu ratio not being able to be changed. The NB Voltage looks to set at 1.25 v that should be enough Cpu Nb Voltage to run the ram up to 1866 and possible the NB Freq up to 2400-2600Mhz. You may have just hit a spot where you need more voltage on the Cpu.

That's what I figured Mandrake. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, but was hoping for something ;) Nice 5.8 btw.

RGone if youtube gets you sidetracked start doing random words on Urban Dictionary. I'm in tears laughing over "Cobbler"

Well 7 or so feet of snow is not the same as -20F temps. But either way that 5.729GiggleHurts is not shabby at all. Not at all. Good work man.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzz

Welp the Fx 6300 came from the land of everclear so I'm sure it's no stranger to voltage. Hoping it gets colder soon so I can really hit it. :D

Everclear training is often a bonus and not a hurt at all. Hehehe.

He been outen buyen sum moe of em APU (AbsolutelyPositivelyUseless) motherboards today me thinkin. Sade had 'un anywhose. He now got all em sata 3/6ers and sum Ubs 3.000000. So guess he moving on up'air sumz.

No matterwhut he still a freeken blastoff to talk to fur shorez.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzz

Welp the Fx 6300 came from the land of everclear so I'm sure it's no stranger to voltage. Hoping it gets colder soon so I can really hit it. :D

Sorry to hear about the passing Luke :(
Best wishes to all.

Weird that the FSB is locked even though it looks like you can adjust it :screwy:

CPU/FSB Freq is locked @ 200 for some reason. Talked to a couple other people with the same board and it seems to be the case on all. Suggestions? Raising CPU_NB Voltage causes a restart

Try the reference clock first, then the multiplier.

Cpu/NB is funny on MSI. I noticed on 7 series chipsets with MSI to have a considerable amount of Cpu/NB volts some cases over 1.5v. IMO, this is a low voltage as I've ran up past 1.6v Cpu/NB for some massive overclocks and really cold temps far below -20F.

Your chip shold respond well to around -50c get you benching well over 6ghz if your cooling availability is present with the use of some DICE perhaps.

At that point, you can feed the 1.7 - 1.9v the cpu is asking for to keep transistors happy. I found a very considerable jump in volts possible after -30c, so this number would be a goal.

The NB Voltage looks to set at 1.25 v that should be enough Cpu Nb Voltage to run the ram up to 1866 and possible the NB Freq up to 2400-2600Mhz.

That chipset voltage is higher than 1.1v stock. But too low for running chipsets up to 3ghz. Most OC's I had done where 1.3v+ HT, up to 1.3v ambient cooling NB (chipset v) and well over 1.45v Cpu/NB.

If your Cpu OC voltage is low, and the temps are positive, it will be found difficult to achieve speeds at 6ghz and beyond. I'm talking access of 1.7 cpu volts and -30c temps for benching and perhaps even getting a cpu-z validation.

As far as MSI goes.... why? The board will likely die from the abuse. I've killed a few MSI boards. Biostop too. Got them cold, ran the volts up (no different than my Asus counter parts) and dead. Stop /OC.

So is my rig! Fired it up yesterday, and slot one reported no ram stick and lots of blue screens.

Today, reseat the ram and back in business!! Running P95 at stock settings now. All looks good thankfully. First time in an easy month this 955BE has been fired up.

Glad to see you're still kickin there S_B. Last few days have been a mess here. Glad I poked my head in for a minute.

]Thanks brother! wish I had more time. But I'm going to try and make it a point to spend at least an hour a week messing with my hobby. Swear I'm going nuts just working and working....

38c fully loaded. P95 got nothing on my loop lol. (edit: idle temp was 37c ftw)

P95 test ram.png

Back