• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Capture.PNG

heat and stress testing aside, over 90 hours without error or reboot achievement of its own.
no coding clock errors/conflicts.

I did notice 12 hours ago, what appeared as video driver error.
screen went black and was acting similar to installing the video driver.
corrected itself in around 20 seconds, still idling or common tasks.

Ohhh the joys of a fresh Windows install.
Plus, I have to find my key then ask the MS online reps to send me an activation code since telephone activation didn't work last time.

On the bright side, system is snappy and no more NTFS errors. RGone would remember this. It finally took over, started getting ballon popups for corrupt shortcuts :-/

Oh, I also found the traces on that Athlon64 I had.... 3 hours later anyway. I gave it a coat of urethane to keep the copper shiny.
IMG_20150726_215345[1].jpg

Telephone activation didn't work? Crazy. Telephone activation has worked for me even using an OEM copy of windows, and switching from lga775 to am3+

Telephone activation didn't work? Crazy. Telephone activation has worked for me even using an OEM copy of windows, and switching from lga775 to am3+

Tired it again.

Asks how many times I've installed Windows using this key. I said 5.
"He" says he didn't catch that and then procceds to ask me how many different computers I have used this key on. I say 1.

That goes against the EULA and I should buy another copy were his words summed up. :bang head

Tired it again.

Asks how many times I've installed Windows using this key. I said 5.
"He" says he didn't catch that and then procceds to ask me how many different computers I have used this key on. I say 1.

That goes against the EULA and I should buy another copy were his words summed up. :bang head

weird. i've never been asked how many times i've installed windows using the key, only ever been asked how many computers this copy of windows is installed on, and the correct answer is 1.
at least for me that has always been the case.

weird. i've never been asked how many times i've installed windows using the key, only ever been asked how many computers this copy of windows is installed on, and the correct answer is 1.

Yeah, probably should have said 0 but doesn't matter.
Just finished talking to April P. from MS tech via web chat.

She had my activation Id withing a minute and I was good to go :thup:

So that's the 2nd time the MS web chat has come though and helped, so a big +1 to MS for support.

Same here. I've had to go through the phone system and type in the 28ish number code to activate. I'm assuming your talking about XP here. I've always activated win 7 online, and if it is XP, why activate? If your using it for anything other than benching, you're using it wrong. LMAO

OEM copies will kick up a fuss after a while Blaylock and you have to use the phone eventually talk to someone. I've never been turned down YET but I always tell them that I changed something in the PC and this message popped up. Playing stupid really helps sometimes. He he

Ive had a similar incident with XP oem sticker I do believe.
was attempting the Windows XP Product Key Change Tool.
Phone activation leads to actual person on the other end.
I end up getting not so nice response.
lol.

Ive purchased around 11 Microsoft retail keys myself.
XP retail
Xp64 retail
Windows server 2003 5 license.
Windows Vista 64 and 32 retail
Windows Vista Business upgrade (included with a laptop purchased from ebay)
Windows 8.1 64 retail

did not purchase windows 7

- - - Updated - - -

the only key I have at this time is windows 8.1

- - - Updated - - -

A person I know opened a virus removal shop or repair shop.
I think he said opened an account some place online to grab OS copies to exactly match OEM stickers on laptops or desktop towers.

I think I spend 2 weeks without sleep attempting NTUNe OC'ing application in windows Vista on the TYAN k8we.
have to reinstall windows within minutes of completing the 14 hours of vista 64 ultimate.
either ntune would not install or would install and not start up.
vista updates were the real time consumer.
I think I could wait a couple hours on .net framework update.
cannot recall actual internet bandwidth at that time/

- - - Updated - - -

attempted manual driver's and OS repairs to no avail

At that time my cousin was piecing together a DFI system from ebay shopping, socket 939.
I forget the exact model.
minimal $$$'s.

He wakes me from one of my episodes, finally sleeping.
removes a back plate from one of the bridges, NB I believe.
Solders 2 points on the board and SLI working after he tried to diagnosis many hours why SLI wouldn't work.
Was very Nice.

I had large amount of $$$'s in the k8we scored around 13000 or 14000 3dmark 05.
my cousin had a 1/4 of the $$$'s and was scoring 10000.

synced up gpu's made minimal point difference in the scoring.

That's funny I just had a DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D show up at my house last week. Haven't been able to test drive it yet but looking forward to it.

CBS all access free trial.
brother.
lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think like 16$ of kneaded eraser does not amount much?
anyway, will see as ive not worked with kneaded eraser.
amazon order.

link and shop says limited to 1 item per order.
seems no quantity limit after all. shipping is similar, price per eraser a lot less.

I looked Walmart 4 weeks ago, even back to school supplies I could not locate kneaded eraser.
6$ shipping on a 16$ order total.
ouch
thanks blaylock

Last edited:
link and shop says limited to 1 item per order.
seems no quantity limit after all. shipping is similar, price per eraser a lot less.

I looked Walmart 4 weeks ago, even back to school supplies I could not locate kneaded eraser.
6$ shipping on a 16$ order total.
ouch
thanks blaylock

Not sure what you're talking about. I just tried it and it would let me order 10+. I have a Michael's near me so no shipping. Like Mr. Scott said your best bet is an art store or a craft store. Not sure how far up Maine you are but This is in Presque Isle. Maybe they carry it, or can order for you.

Morning Star Art & Framing
422 Main St
Presque Isle, ME 04769

Thanks..

I ordered 2 of these, shipping was over 6$ on top of items total. should have asked here first.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XZTIIM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I'll order some more in a week or so.
Possibly get to Presque Isle, 80 miles or so one-way from here.
I was hoping to get PI for other items off this list, closest major shopping center.
a lot of small items end up totaling a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they treat me well, reviews people complaining about actual size of product.
you know how reviews can go.
lol..

- - - Updated - - -

didn't have much $$$'s to work with.

- - - Updated - - -

seems an xbox app built into windows 10 from default.
ive not purchased an xbox before or a playstation for that matter.
last game system I purchased was a Nintendo Game Cube I believe.

have probably "over paid for nothing" xbox live gold subscription by the month approaching a year.
was just looking over some of options in there.
seems 2 free games a month.
haven't got I working correct, or at all yet.

also office 365 going on a year now.
just learned that's a 5 device subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

was just going over my streaming subscriptions as I migrated in a new payment option.

Back