• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's confirmed: I didn't win the silicon lottery. In fact, I got table scraps lol.
Still hates BCLK over 103, and still unstable over 4.4Ghz even with 1.4Vcore and PLL overvoltage set to enabled. :-/

Maybe I'm missing something?
PCH voltage is 0.95
System agent is 1.10
PLL voltage is 1.8
Vcore 1.4

I wouldn't call a 1Gh OC table scraps, what's your cooler eh?

EDIT: I don't know much about the blue team, but 1.4v seems high for Intel, no?

I wouldn't call a 1Gh OC table scraps, what's your cooler eh?

EDIT: I don't know much about the blue team, but 1.4v seems high for Intel, no?

Well no :p
But it feels like I'm leaving lots on the table with a K chip only at 4.3

And yes, 1.4 Vcore is the highest you can go for a safe temporary voltage.
Cooler is NH-D14, hottest core is 93*C when running IBT @ Maximum

Well, that new board helped you take 1st with your 2300. Congrats on that. It doesn't look like anyone else is benching on that board. That's either good (HWBoints) or bad (might be a reason).

Well, that new board helped you take 1st with your 2300. Congrats on that. It doesn't look like anyone else is benching on that board. That's either good (HWBoints) or bad (might be a reason).

Once I find a PSU, HDD and some cheap RAM, I'll build another case and put the old 2300 back into service as a folding rig.
I want to try some more OCing on that chip too - I never really touched the Vcore on it, perhaps it can go higher since that chip seems to love high BCLK :D

On a side note, this ASUS Z77PRO is awesome! So many new settings to tinker with.
It also found a new memory overclock that actually works!

9-11-10-28 2T @ 2186Mhz :thup:
Memtest stable too!

Nice, I was confusing your boards there for a minute. I was thinking the Giga was your new one. Is it this one? Some really nice subs with it if it is.

Nice, I was confusing your boards there for a minute. I was thinking the Giga was your new one. Is it this one? Some really nice subs with it if it is.

That's the one!
A shame I have a crappy chip..

Hmmm I wonder if it would be better if I had DICE or some cold water? :muahaha:

Corsair has shipped return RMA, not here yet.
crosshair v formula z to arrive destination RMA location possibly Monday.
Got a gigabyte RMA # the 7870 OC, haven't shipped out yet.
Thinking Possibly RMA the 9370 as well.
Oh the boredom.

Although been kinda lazy, facilitating move next door.
Cleaning yada yada yada.
shoveling snow, Northern Maine has accumulated about 16 inches or so this week.
towards central eastern Maine may have accumulated over 40 inches.

Nothing new to report on this end, just the same old same old.

Thinking of regroup/refurbish a shed available this summer for such hobby.
get some labor/exercise into healthy all around project. Hopefully.
on the other hand said I would be ready such thing this winter. :sly:
Put wiring mess of a living room on hold running options around my brain. Or brainless.
just use secondary desktop for every day needs.

unlike myself, you's all who actually know what you are doing, keep up the great work!
:):D

That's the one!
A shame I have a crappy chip..

Hmmm I wonder if it would be better if I had DICE or some cold water? :muahaha:
SP every chip I have has a point where it will not take anymore volts at that temperature. It doesn't matter if it's below what would be considered safe voltage. You just might be at that point with the 3570k. At 93c you are definitely warm so it may be that getting it cooler will help the OC. Another note is you may also have a hot Ivy Bridge, so it may not be that it will not do over 4.4, it may just mean it needs to have it's little hiney cooled off more. You may actually have a good chip just not enough cooling!

Oh and I had a laugh at this
And yes, 1.4 Vcore is the highest you can go for a safe temporary voltage.
Safe voltage???? What's that?!!!?!?!??!!!

My 4770k is the same way as your 3570k, I cannot do more then 4.4 even on my custom loop because of the heat, but when that thang is chilled it really can truck. It's benched as high as 5.2 on sub zero water, I'm hoping to get some DICE on it soon to see what it will really do.

SP every chip I have has a point where it will not take anymore volts at that temperature. It doesn't matter if it's below what would be considered safe voltage. You just might be at that point with the 3570k. At 93c you are definitely warm so it may be that getting it cooler will help the OC. Another note is you may also have a hot Ivy Bridge, so it may not be that it will not do over 4.4, it may just mean it needs to have it's little hiney cooled off more. You may actually have a good chip just not enough cooling!

Oh and I had a laugh at this
Safe voltage???? What's that?!!!?!?!??!!!

My 4770k is the same way as your 3570k, I cannot do more then 4.4 even on my custom loop because of the heat, but when that thang is chilled it really can truck. It's benched as high as 5.2 on sub zero water, I'm hoping to get some DICE on it soon to see what it will really do.

93*C during stressing of course ;)
hottest core is 65*C when gaming and folding. And I even forgot to turn down the vcore - I'm at 1.38 :p

If I had a way to cool it more I'd defiantly try it short of throwing the rig outside and OCing :p
Thing is, it would be custom water or nothing since I don't know of an AIO that can match/beat the NH-D14.

I don't think its a heat issue though manny, even doing regular stuff, opening Event Viewer caused a WHEA error and made event viewer crash :-/
At least right now, I got it stable and WHEA free at 4.4 Ghz. 100Mhz more than my old Giga board could do so there's that :)

Maybe next time I'll try lowering all the voltages a bit below stock. IIRC I had some luck with that on my Giga board...

- - - Updated - - -

I just might :)

I just got my first credit card yesterday :D

Just a suggestion SP, if you are going to consider going custom loop have patience and keep an eye on the Classifieds and Ebay. You can usually build a nice setup for a lot less money going "pre owned".

That's exactly how I got mine. Found a guy on here looking to part out his H20 set-up and go back to air. Was the first to reply with a bundle price. Everything listed in my sig minus the CPU Block, tubing and fans plus a GPU block for $185 shipped to Detroit. STEAL

Defiantly. :)

For now though I'm quite happy at 4.4Ghz on air.
Still totally worth all the troubles for a 3570K :D

I won't lie though, I have always considered going water.

Update on the Phenom X4 9850.

Forgot to grab a screenie but she capped out at 3.1Gh stable at 1.425v CPU(54c)/Socket(56c) after 20mins P95 Blend. I pushed all the way up to 1.5v and nothing but BSOD's. I'll have to try some cold later. Now onto benching. There were some quick points to grab on CB11.5, 15 and HWBotPrime. Here are the new #2 subs. Johan45 holds #1 and I'll have to (try) take them from him once I get this chip under some ice water. I still need to run HWBPrime but that will have to come another day.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2749787
3.46.PNG

http://hwbot.org/submission/2749789
293.PNG

Back