• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no it was 9xxmb. I had to open the image and re-snip it. I think there was something wrong with the file itself. No worries now though. I just had a moment.

I just ran Reference clock on this chip too and I confirmed that my Gigabyte GA-MA-790T-UD4P will NOT clock above 240FSB. I thought it might have been my Athlon 3800+ as I've been beating the tar out of it the last few days, but no. It's the board. :(

You did great with the 9850 yourself. :salute:

Had to give it a go this evening, it just felt like the right time to torture some old hardware.

Well I guess my board has seen better days.

Had problems replicating my 2200mhz CL9 settings. The only thing I didnt know was the CPU/NB voltage. Go up to 1.35V and still wont complete a boot.

Turn it off, switch DIMM slots and problem solved, right into windows and I even lowered the CPU/NB down to 1.28V.

I wonder if I can RMA my board for it or not....

Cause and effect. Is there any? FX-9590

One picture is at 5609mhz 211x26.5 1.656 cpu vcore
__Memory 1261mhz CL 12
The other is at 5618mhz 200x28 1.692 cpu vcore
__Memory 664mhz Cl 11

Note: Didn't see much impact from different NB HT and RAM speeds. This particular bench likes cpu mhz. I just can't simply run Cinebench at these speeds, but don't worry... I did at least try :cry:

From 1.656 cpu vcore to 1.692 vcore, there is a small spike in thermal core temps +11c. That's solder heat transfer failure right there.

. -Candi4ureyE-

Attachments

• FX-9590 5609mhz WPrime 32m.png
    FX-9590 5609mhz WPrime 32m.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 84
  • FX-9590 5618mhz WPrime 32m.png
    FX-9590 5618mhz WPrime 32m.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20150125_132345[1].jpg
    20150125_132345[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Shett man, S_B you got that 9590 up in the thinner air range. She will not run Cinebench that high? Is that what you said? And more voltage only spikes the temps? CrapOLa. That is how most of the later FX things are doing. Nevertheless a good clock there man.

RGone...

Haha!

yea man it's a common thing with overclocking in general. Liquid cooling only goes so far.

If I didn't mention this is tap to drain method of liquidz cooling. No ice cubs, or arctic radiators or anything. No condensation which is nice. I guesstimate liquid temps to be in the mid to low 50f range. I could probe the water, but my multi-meter is out in the garage and I'm lazy lol.

This board is capable of some massive voltage. After reviewing and playing in bios, this chip should easily see 9.9999E Ghz :D

Haha!
This board is capable of some massive voltage. After reviewing and playing in bios, this chip should easily see 9.9999E Ghz :D

That part right there is where ole buddy C_D allus gets his booty in trouble. Massive shots of migrating electrons.

Still a good run uphill man and with water temps as you suggest.

RGone...

Is C_D the one that likes killing hardware? He deserves a handshake. It is part of the wisdom process. ;)

Scratching my head on what to do next. I'm standing here, looking at the hardware..... and now what?!

De-lid this thing??

Is C_D the one that likes killing hardware? He deserves a handshake. It is part of the wisdom process. ;)

Scratching my head on what to do next. I'm standing here, looking at the hardware..... and now what?!

De-lid this thing??
Get it cold!!!!!

Get it cold!!!!!

Blah I got like 4L of LN2 at the shop. So that's problem A, it's not here, and problem B is that's not enough to bench on for more than maybe an hour or so.

Maybe I'll try and run 4 cores, see what top frequency I can pull off with a much lower thermal output. I dunno.

Additional Comment:

I could run the Peltier on it. Had running 5.6ghz with an FX-8350 at 1.5600v on two cores with TEC. It was interesting fum.

I could run the Peltier on it. Had running 5.6ghz with an FX-8350 at 1.5600v on two cores with TEC. It was interesting fum.

I've always wondered about this.
How does that work? You put a heatsink on the hot side give the peliter some juice and it cools off the chip?
Or do you put more heat on the hot side?

Lol yep Jon delids everything. Lol. Hope it works out for you Shrimpy. Seriously though I think the concept is to get the cold as close to the core as possible.

Back