• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
seems one of my solid state drives in Raid0 failed.
smart check was reporting bad sectors.
no way I could even reinstall windows unless no array and I uninstalled the ssd with bad sectors.
that only took around 4 hours to debug.
lol

No large deal, one has to keep a good outlook at least. ;)
Corsair gave me an instant RMA # on that drive.
~

:thup: :thup:

I might join the SSD train soon.
Both my spinners are tired, and my backup spinner keeps getting more G-Sense Errors in SMART....

I just don't know if I should get an enclosure and buy some WD Purples or find SCSI drives for my server.
Ideally, since I have it, using the server would be nice. Just not sure how much SCSI drives are today.

Move all my data to the new storage system then buy an SSD for the rig :)

around 3 days ago I research dedicated pci-express storage card/adapter.
definitely out of my price range.
~

or looking the incorrect place.
~

- - - Updated - - -

why not such as this for networking...
pci-express fiber optic adapter/card to optical cable to modem?

am I missing something here?

Both my spinners are tired, and my backup spinner keeps getting more G-Sense Errors in SMART....

I just don't know if I should get an enclosure and buy some WD Purples or find SCSI drives for my server.
Ideally, since I have it, using the server would be nice. Just not sure how much SCSI drives are today.

I have a couple mechanical hdd's here still.
1tb wd green on the shelf I believe.
I believe the older athlon x2 machine has a mechanical hdd 500Gb.
Should probably get around to that xen machine again.
only needs powering on, and install the aluminum stock air heatsink/cooler as I removed the heavy copper one.

- - - Updated - - -

those ssd's make a huge major difference, making it hard to look backwards IMO.

Once you go SSD SP you will not look back, my sons rig is the only one in the house without on and it's painful for me to hit the power button and wait for Win 7 to come to life.

Some one put me outta my misery... I just took down a chainlink fence, and 'dug' up 8/11 poles....

I say 'dug' because I spent more time with a hand pickaxe fighting with large chunks of pike's peak granite.... I mined those ******* poles out!

:censored::nuts: Bet you are just waiting to get at the last 3 poles left .......... :burn:

That was me last weekend after removing tin roof and fixing a valley that was not installed properly .......... :muahaha:

Some one put me outta my misery... I just took down a chainlink fence, and 'dug' up 8/11 poles....

I say 'dug' because I spent more time with a hand pickaxe fighting with large chunks of pike's peak granite.... I mined those ****ing poles out!
Someone is going to be sore in the morning. :D

Back