• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I was super shaky and nervous but, the re-cap went well :)
Both CPU sockets work and all the RAM shows up. Now to see how long the other caps last.

I now have the joy of testing old IDE hard drives. Found a nice 80Gb one, but has the click of death :-/
Trying to revive it since it stopped clicking all of a sudden.

Oh nice!! Which board??

I gotta DFI lan party UV that I want to "upgrade" the caps on. It doesn't need caps, but I believe an upgrade will provide a better more stabler powers.

Anybody have any info on PPC???????
I was going to order some parts Friday morning but ended up hurting to much to finish. I slept the rest of Friday and all of Saturday trying to feel better. The Wife dragged me out today to trade in her 2008 Dodge Caravan for a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder 4wd. After we got home, I took a nap and then tried to finish my shopping at PPC. For some reason, the only option I get for shipping is store pickup???? The checkout page has Fire Sale listed at the top?????
The reason for the trade on her car was because the A/C was going out. She took it to Dodge to have it checked and they said the repairs need on it would cost $3000 for a car worth $5000 at trade in. She's a soccer mom and had put a lot of miles on it from when we got it :)

Last edited:
Anybody have any info on PPC???????
I was going to order some parts Friday morning but ended up hurting to much to finish. I slept the rest of Friday and all of Saturday trying to feel better. The Wife dragged me out today to trade in her 2008 Dodge Caravan for a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder 4wd. After we got home, I took a nap and then tried to finish my shopping at PPC. For some reason, the only option I get for shipping is store pickup???? The checkout page has Fire Sale listed at the top?????
Lol. Must be you.
I just opened up the site here and I don't get any of that.

HDD tested fine.

This whole time it was the dang CD drive :facepalm:
Luckily, I have a bunch of CD drives here.

At least we know the server will run fine overnight :)

probably this get old, seem childish list purchases in here.

6 tracking 3's out.
including a frozencpu tracking # received in 6 hours.

ek thermal interface sheet: 160mm x 155mm x 1mm
ir thermometer 12:1 to -50
neoprene anti-vibration pad 2 foot x 3 foot.
3 1/2 inch bi-metal hole saw and arbor
50 foot 4 inch aluminum flex ducting
3 piece set aviation snips.
thread tape
2 x 80 mm 25 cfm fans
2 x 120 mm 60 cfm fans
30 feet pipe insulation.
electrical tape
petroleum jelly
5 freezable icepacks.
ice cube trays.
25 foot extension cord
25 foot hdmi cable

would like to find some sheet metal cheap and some kinda small run clamps to use as a break.
that's about all I can do for now.
cutting it close not sure when everything arrive.
total around -$250$+

Attachments

• TEC idea..png
    TEC idea..png
    17.8 KB · Views: 47
I cannot recall residential drilled wells generally year round water temperature.
45 f.

I am not in a situation to even temporarily use tap water as fluid coolant
or any situation to use the yard as a drain.
have not as of yet.

leech field is staked off, soon to be dug up.

I cannot recall residential drilled wells generally year round water temperature.
45 f.

have not as of yet.

Mines run off a faucet and piped back into the drain. It's a pretty cost effective way to add chilling my friend. When I rented, the water was free. Now in the house, it costs very little unless I use it every day enough to fill a bath tub, and that just doesn't happen.

But surprisingly effective. Who needs to de-lid when ground water piped to your home is pre-chilled and well regulated in temps!!

I know walmart has DRY-ICE for $1.24 a pound. I've dropped this into many configurations with success including dropping it on the back side of a laid flat rad. Gotta be careful of jelling up the liquidz though.

I think 20 lbs of dry ice in a cooler will last all week depending on how you use it, and how well the cooler can maintain a temperature. You can also use it to freeze additional ice cubs as well.

Can't wait to see your current project continue growing. please share many pictures.

Truely yours,

Cooling addict ShrimpBrime.

I generally get 10 lbs of dry ice at a time in a styofoam cooler. the cooler is crap and it sublimates before morning.

Note: if you use a quality cooler (beer cooler) then you need to crack the lid open otherwise you will get a pressure build up and it'll pop off. If its latched it'll blow the latch off eventually.

45 f.

have not as of yet.

I'm getting about 15C from my bathroom tap, and 16C from our sump wells.

i wish my well had enough water to spare me running tap water through a cooling loop, but alas, there is not that much water in my shallow well (only 25' deep)
every year we run real close to running out of water, probably should get a new well drilled, but i know i dont have an extra 10 grand laying around for that to be done.

i wish my well had enough water to spare me running tap water through a cooling loop, but alas, there is not that much water in my shallow well (only 25' deep)
every year we run real close to running out of water, probably should get a new well drilled, but i know i dont have an extra 10 grand laying around for that to be done.

Really?
I'd figure there's be more water there...

We have 63' of water above our pump. Tons of water.
I've been told me and my neighbour across the road share the same aquifer. Evidently, he's a plumber :p

Really?
I'd figure there's be more water there...

We have 63' of water above our pump. Tons of water.
I've been told me and my neighbour across the road share the same aquifer. Evidently, he's a plumber :p

oh, theres loads of water.
just my well is very, very shallow @ 25' deep.
most of the people who live around us are around 75-100' deep.
but i guess back in the 40's/50's when the well was drilled, 25 feet was more than enough, just not quite so much anymore, not by the end of the summer at least.
and the aquifer we sit on top of is huge, covering many square miles, and hundreds of homes.

water can be hit or miss on depth and temperature.
some wells as tubs 12 feet deep provide good supply.
some surface spots as springs can be cold to the touch.

one thing proves the trend around the area. drilled wells here almost always end up with some sort of drinking supply problem.
mineral content or hard water.

oh, theres loads of water.
just my well is very, very shallow @ 25' deep.
most of the people who live around us are around 75-100' deep.
but i guess back in the 40's/50's when the well was drilled, 25 feet was more than enough, just not quite so much anymore, not by the end of the summer at least.
and the aquifer we sit on top of is huge, covering many square miles, and hundreds of homes.
Ahh yeah. That'll do it.

Just have to conserve I guess. Which isn't really a bad thing :)
one thing proves the trend around the area. drilled wells here almost always end up with some sort of drinking supply problem.
mineral content or hard water.

I have over 4ft of sand here. Iron rich sand.

Dig deep enough, and it turn a beautiful red :)

I have a very simple and stupid question :) Does anyone have experience in fixing video cards?? I have a Sapphire Vapor X 280X that I took apart for cleaning. Now 3 of the main screw holes for holding the cooler onto the GPU are stripped :facepalm: The card still works if you can get replacement screws to hold the cooler onto the GPU before it overheats and shuts itself down???

I have a very simple and stupid question :) Does anyone have experience in fixing video cards?? I have a Sapphire Vapor X 280X that I took apart for cleaning. Now 3 of the main screw holes for holding the cooler onto the GPU are stripped :facepalm: The card still works if you can get replacement screws to hold the cooler onto the GPU before it overheats and shuts itself down???

The only thing I could think of would be to get a small tap and bolts to match that are just slightly oversize of the current ones. I assume they're metric and there's likely an imperial that's very close to that size but bigger. Metric tend to go in the .5 mm steps and the imperial will tend to fit in between a lot of the time. Here's a chart http://www.hamuniverse.com/antfrac.html
You just need to know what the current screws are for size. Most GFX cards I have had were either 2 or 2.5 mm

Oh and for future reference when using things that small I tend to turn the screws backwards first until I "feel" the click of the thread. Then turn forward. It really helps with preventing cross-threaded holes.

Don't bother contacting Sapphire about it. I tried that about a month ago looking for replacements for a Dual X I have. Your best bet would be to try and re-tap it. If that doesn't work you could drill it out and tap it one size bigger.

Back