• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My setup was running okay (Rosetta) for a few days at 5.1 but I don't think I want to be burning that kind of wattage on a daily basis so I figured I would drop back down to more of a "cruise mode"... 4.8GHz DDR3-2366C9 with 1.375v BIOS... LLC set on high and CPU_NB set to 1.25v. Kill-A-Watt draw under load is showing ~320/325 watts and temps are looking good.

FX-8370 @4.8GHz DDR3-2366C9 Rosetta load..PNG

Thats a nice chip. ^^

Although I must edit here..... being bashed many several times in the past for using F@H for stress testing...

How come your not using Prime95 or OCCT (curiosity killed many cats. This cat just don't give a fuk really)

@ShrimpBrime

I do from time to time use/run Prime, OCCT, LinX, IntelBurnTest... The stress, current and wattage used is greater then the load pulled while running Rosetta, WCG, or Folding... Depending on the settings I may have to bump up or tweak some voltages. I often change up my overclocks with different speeds, parts and platforms. I'm not always interested in seeking out ~Prime stability but I do want my overclocks to be at least "crunching" stable without BSOD or having it sometimes give/return a random result error(s) for my "daily-use" type settings.

Here is a Prime blend run at 4.8GHz DDR3-2040C8:

FX-8370 @4.8GHz DDR3-2040C8 Prime blend load..PNG

OK here's some more eye lovins from my desktop to this wonderful forum in which we all like to overclock and share.

So ramped up NB, HT and RAM speeds all alike.

The memory is Patriot Viper Xtreme Triple channel DDR3 1000mhz @ 9-11-9-27. Got this Intel Ram tweaked out and humpin and benchin and lovin speeds up to 2600mhz without anything more special than 1.75000v to the Ram.

CPU/NB voltage is running 1.5000v CPU/HT is running 1.3000v NB core or chipset voltage is running 1.2000v.

TEMPS?? Pfft, you guys don't care for that info really do you??

EDIT:

I did purchase a brand new NVidia GeForce GTX 760 for this set up as well. The only thing not new is the triple channel Ram and 1000w Antec CP series PSU.

Thanks for good pic @ 2600mhz shrimp brine.
Im gonna save a copy this pic on to my laptop.

personally ive sent out 2 rma's in the last few days.

the corsair memory kit and the asus crosshair v formula z.

somehow I managed to reattach the pin on the evga psu obviously not perfect as no crimper or new pins here currently.
removed the pin without ruining it and used needle nose pliers to attach the wire back to the pin.

corsair is or has agreed to send me back a stock 2400mhz kit cl11 I believe. my shipping tracking shows a delay in the memory arriving to California.

just sent out the motherboard yesterday.

waiting to possibly receive another rma# on the gigabyte 7870 which developed almost same problem as when it was RMA'd a year ago...

not sure but I think multiple problems arose form my errors in assembly, AKA inappropriate self made cabinet holding the components... etc......

I need to focus on moving over the next week. entry doors are about 3 feet apart so not that big of a deal.

northern maine accumulated about 8 inches of snow, the lightest driest powered probably possible.
blowing winds almost took it all right out of a shovel.

I got my Phenom X4 9850 on Monday from GoD_Tattoo and Johan45 mentioned something about these little guys running a little warm. I dropped in my Rig and set it up with my Noctua to get a base line and verify that it wasn't DOA. I ran Prime95 Blend for about 20mins each run to see what voltages where needed and what temps would reach at different OC's. I didn't have time to complete these runs and will likely pick-up where I left off this weekend. Anyhow, here are the results if you care to peek.

Stock Clocks(2.5G) and volts(1.30v)

Mild OC FSB bump to 225(2.8G) and slight vCore bump(1.35v)

FSB to 233(2.9G)

Finally FSB to 240(3.0G) and vCore needed another nudge(1.375v)

This weekend I she what she can do on air. Then we'll see what ice water can do. Next week is supposed to be BITTER here.

EDIT: I ended up taking the rear side panel off before the 3.0G run but didn't stick a fan to the socket. That'll happen this weekend for sure though.

@ShrimpBrime

I do from time to time use/run Prime, OCCT, LinX, IntelBurnTest... The stress, current and wattage used is greater then the load pulled while running Rosetta, WCG, or Folding... Depending on the settings I may have to bump up or tweak some voltages. I often change up my overclocks with different speeds, parts and platforms. I'm not always interested in seeking out ~Prime stability but I do want my overclocks to be at least "crunching" stable without BSOD or having it sometimes give/return a random result error(s) for my "daily-use" type settings.

Here is a Prime blend run at 4.8GHz DDR3-2040C8:

Looks good at 4.8ghz. I don't care much for stability personally. Been down that path so many times with the opinions. So to give you mine.. if you accept... is that I believe that running F@H or R@H is a great way to test for system stability for overclocking. Obviously crunching works to bring a cpu to full load, so there's nothing wrong with it. Was just curious for your take and position, and thank you.

I'd test the 9590 @ 5ghz.... but I think it's pretty stable. Tested @ 5376mhz (or something close to that number haha) and failed a couple of workers 5 and 7 to be exact after about 20 minutes or so. Heat spike nearly 1.6v cpu core brought temps really close to 58c. So I left 6 cores running 2 hours. Meh it benches over 5.4ghz though. So that's a happy feeling considering this thing gets HOT... for now heheheheeeee

Thanks for good pic @ 2600mhz shrimp brine.
Im gonna save a copy this pic on to my laptop.

personally ive sent out 2 rma's in the last few days.

the corsair memory kit and the asus crosshair v formula z.

somehow I managed to reattach the pin on the evga psu obviously not perfect as no crimper or new pins here currently.
removed the pin without ruining it and used needle nose pliers to attach the wire back to the pin.

corsair is or has agreed to send me back a stock 2400mhz kit cl11 I believe. my shipping tracking shows a delay in the memory arriving to California.

just sent out the motherboard yesterday.

waiting to possibly receive another rma# on the gigabyte 7870 which developed almost same problem as when it was RMA'd a year ago...

not sure but I think multiple problems arose form my errors in assembly, AKA inappropriate self made cabinet holding the components... etc......

I need to focus on moving over the next week. entry doors are about 3 feet apart so not that big of a deal.

northern maine accumulated about 8 inches of snow, the lightest driest powered probably possible.
blowing winds almost took it all right out of a shovel.

Well honestly I did nothing special to achieve these clocks with the Ram. 1300mhz on AUTO timings no lie. Won't even touch them either until I need to lower the memory divider, then I'll manually input them and clock back up to these speeds once I get some really nice cold temperatures.

Plan on a de-lid. This weekend, I'll practice with a 955BE and then If it goes smoothly and great, The FX-9590 will be the only FX-9590 on the planet with a removed IHS plate. Test on liquid, get some LN2 next month hopefully get it frozen. Cause the cold never bothered me anyway!

Should I test on DICE first then move to LN2? Blah, what am I saying. This cpu and I have only spent a couple hours together so far, lol. Seriously though. I need to push this thing harder. Hopefully Friday night I can get on late central time and get some more screenies for you to become more familiar with this board.

@ Blaylock... I de-lidded mine many years ago. With that 9850BE, it helped bunches. Clocks look good for that one though!@!

Yes they do, it's running much cooler than mine ever did. Good luck Blaylock

Can't say, I hit about 3.5 or 6 on air IIRC they're pretty tough CPUs

Thanks. So far so good.

Any guesses when I'll hit the Volts mountain or the Thermal wall?
Volts mountain...ha ha :D

Did some playing last night with a Sempy 140 I picked up looks like I may have a goodun, but time will tell when I get some cold and really lay some voltage into it.
Capture2.PNG

Nice Manny. I would hold off on trying to unlock it until you get some of the benches run on it. I think Johan toasted one that way. LOL

Nice Manny. I would hold off on trying to unlock it until you get some of the benches run on it. I think Johan toasted one that way. LOL

Nope wasn't me, I think you're warning the perpetrator of that assisted suicide.

Nope wasn't me, I think you're warning the perpetrator of that assisted suicide.
ROFL ^^^^^^that was great Johan!!! He is correctamundo Blaylock it twas I that had my 145 croak when trying to unlock. This one supposedly has been unlocked on a Sabertooth, which is what I'm running it on but I'm not going to try to unlock it until I get some single core benches in. That screen shot above was sp 1m stable when I took it. I've been dialing in the memory this morning, running 32m as we speak at 316x13.5 Ram at same speed, timings at 6-8-6-20-27 Nb Freq @ 2800+

EDIT:passed 23m ran a 16.00.828 :thup:

Last edited:
Nice bud, mine died before I ran 32m. Poor bugger couldn't swim and no water wings.

You should have put a life vest on it first. :thup:

I have my fingers crossed for this one, if I can get some cold water. The best I've had so far running it was -4c last night, I'm at -2c right now and the sun is beating on the rad so I'm done for now.

ROFL ^^^^^^that was great Johan!!! He is correctamundo Blaylock it twas I that had my 145 croak when trying to unlock. This one supposedly has been unlocked on a Sabertooth, which is what I'm running it on but I'm not going to try to unlock it until I get some single core benches in. That screen shot above was sp 1m stable when I took it. I've been dialing in the memory this morning, running 32m as we speak at 316x13.5 Ram at same speed, timings at 6-8-6-20-27 Nb Freq @ 2800+

EDIT:passed 23m ran a 16.00.828 :thup:

LMAO You guy's all look alike to me.

I thought NYC was supposed to be burried in snow this whole week. No Snowmageddon?

The big snow missed us by 50 miles. Up until about midnight Monday they were saying expect at least 20-30 inches minimum, but looking outside it just wasn't snowing like they said it was supposed to. We only received about 8-10 " so it was no big deal. The lil guy was off from school Tuesday so we went Snowboarding. :thup:
East of me in Long Island NY they got pounded. I spoke to a few of my cousins that live there and they said they had almost 3 feet on Tuesday morning and it didn't stop snowing all day. EEEK!

Back