• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
waterblock on the bottom/back of the board?

I would think need to make custom back plate to gain much...
attempted it with stuff laying around about 3 weeks ago...
very little gain in temps.

would be great some type of cpu interface provide for waterblock sandwich!

Very sweet bud,
@ unsafesteagle Once you have the temps down like that the socket temp isn't so much of an issue it's the VRM that get hot.

eliminate sata2 drives as OS on sata3 board, problem solved...
regain much speed on install OS!

flash bios update!
take all nb/ht/cpu/ddr off auto!
5 hours later, better

Being a mite teched in duh hade is probubbly rat on. Hehehe. But the profiles and bios version seem to be hitting on all 8 turbo'd cylinders.
RGone...ster.
Ha ha been a while since I've seen you write in Rbobstignator slang, love it! Lets just say I saw one of the profiles and was like :shock: That C/D is a funny feller!

He is always a lot of fun...

...lot of fun to talk to. He is seriously having to downsize and it has not been the mostest of fun for him. No five or six puters no more. So that and serious work has sort of left him overworked and maybe under-funned. Hehehe. But he is hanging in there for sure.

I have been looking at a video editting rig inside of a case and able to be left in one location or moved as need be. I am going to have to setup a raid array to speed up a couple of plattered drives and fear that on CHV is going to try my patience. Hehehe.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why not to give left over hardware to family member!

Hardware gifted:

1. gigabyte 970a ud3 motherboard
  2. amd phenomII 1090t
  3. g.skill 1 x 8gb ripjaws ddr3 1600 MHz
  4. 500 gb western digital sata2 mechanical hard drive
  5. sapphire 6770 radeon hd
  6. gigabyte 6750 radeon hd
  7. 550 watt hybrid modular psu
  8. aio one piece water cooler

about 500$ investment of my own combining used parts and leftovers.

14 months later and about 2 months of machine up-time, obviously when given, machine in this condition:

• multiple, multiple trips to local virus removal/clean-out shop for repair.
  • windows keeps warning "harddrive about to fail, back up files".
  • harddrive replacement.
  • phenom 1090t seems swapped out for 1100t.
  • water cooler swapped out for similar performance cooler.
  • one video card removed.
  • computer case seemed an issue.
  • still no evident personal windows key through multiple OS installs.
  • not one voltage set in bios on cpu/nb/ht/ddr3.
  • most all frequency settings such as multiplier left on Auto.
  • bios version in system from 2012.

Of course heat had to be the issue. Obviously why you end up with one of these multi-fan controllers
to run a single case fan! This thing couldn't even hold the time. LCD screen kept blinking and the clock resetting to 12:00.

Picture 16.jpg

Since someone is getting paid to work at hardware and heat seems to be the issue, why not trade out previous harddrive with older one!

Picture 14.jpg

Of course the case needed to look great so why not add something like this to tighten up the interior!

Picture 15.jpg

All while not so much as attempting setting the memory timings, voltages or any frequencies or multipliers.
Of course it is definitely not required to purchase progs of any sort. Install 20 progs "however", expect to outperform the decade.
Sleep mode is a must and system obviously should have a great key point such as the keyboard ability to power on the computer.

Most obvious issue was the older sata2 interface mechanical harddrives.

Lesson:

Do not gift left-over hardware to someone who should still be running a Word Processor from the 1990's.
Always advice family to take machine issues to local repair/virus removal shop.
Do not return phone calls asking how to stop/turn-off the music player!
Noone listens anyway!

manny, I may be :screwy: but I had fun with that board, sweet to see that it's retired to nappy town.

Unsafe, the same holds true for building new for family/friends. My mother likes to take her desktop in to the geek squad so they can clean out her temp files.

:facepalm:

have setup raid0 2 disk array with corsair force series on the crosshair formula z...... seems snappy......
also run chkdsk on the 2 other harddrives on the asus system. no errors found on either drive...

also quickly dropped nb frequency on asus board. also nb volts. digi+ has significantly dropped form 1.46 volts on the cpu-nb.

Untitled2.png

Of course. that's it. amd processors are know world wide for burning up other hardware!

Back