• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cant 'Run as Admin' for exe on CD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

OK so I have a CD with software that executes from the CD.

When I click a link on the CD menu to install the software it stops because it says I need to be an administrator (even though I am the administrator). Normally I would right click and run as administrator but since its a link it doesn't give me the option to do so...

So what do I do?

BTW I already tried pulling the executable out on to the hard drive and running it locally but it doesn't work.

When you are on the CD, you can not right click the link and run as administrator? Find out where the link is pointing and run the exe file directly from the disk.

Correct, you do not get the option from right clicking the link. I get the same error message when I go into the disk and find the setup file and run as administrator.

I went to the manufacture's site and downloaded an newer version of this part of the software (there are several programs that work together) and got it to install but its not compatible with the other half of the software. :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 39
Do you think I need to create an administrator account called "Administrator"?

Thanks, I have read the read me and I've actually installed this about 10 times in the past on other computers at work but they are all running XP. It says that the Win7 OS is compatible so I tried turning UAC completely off and that didn't work either... Following the links will bring you back to the I/O Library page for the newer version, can't seem to find a DL for the old one.

Turns out there is a later sub version of the software that is compatible with windows 7 64bit but not this one. So I'm screwed.

Back