• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quicktime Video - Rotate / Flip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

I need to flip a video to the correct position but it seems that apple wants me to buy Quicktime Pro to do this .. NO THANKS !!

Simple tool to do this ?

Prefer suggestions from people who have actually used the software .. limits multiple installs and uninstalls of crappy software :D

I copy-pasted from personal txt files ;)

I thought you wanted to view only. For permanent rotation, you would need video editing software, not players. Professional pay-for software can do it, but since I have not tried freeware for editing, please post here if you try any of the freeware that came out of a "rotate video freeware" search to say if any actually worked for free.

duhh sorry I didnt mention that .. But I will still use as a player instead of using multiple players so its not a loss ..

as for the second mention its crashing out on me :(

I shall continue the hunt :)

or DUHH it has just came to me .. convert this file to another format then flip !!

I dont know why I didnt think of this before .. but here is a link I just found with my first google search and it worked great for a free online solution .. it even rotated the video for output too !!
http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-avi

along side the left sidebar gives options to convert to diff formats

Last edited:
From a post of AVForums, I found the following way to rotate video:

I was looking for the exact same software a while back and I found this. It is pretty useful and straightforward on rotating MOV, MP4, etc, and it also keeps the original video file. It works great for me.

Here is the link: Video Flip and Rotate: rotate video, flip video!

I have tested it and it can rotate video 90 degrees, 180 degrees, and 270 degrees, etc. Like it.

This way does not only rotate MOV files, but also rotate many other video clips like MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, etc. I'm vwry happy with it.

Back