• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Woomack's memory test list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been reading your DDR4 reviews and will probably get something you have reviewed when I build in X99. Very useful info here!

No new memory for 2 months ... the longest break in history of this thread.
I simply have too low budget to buy anything new and manufacturers are not providing any review samples.
Probably Crucial will release new Ballistix Tactical DDR4 so you can count I will show something on this new kit.

No new memory for 2 months ... the longest break in history of this thread.
I simply have too low budget to buy anything new and manufacturers are not providing any review samples.
Probably Crucial will release new Ballistix Tactical DDR4 so you can count I will show something on this new kit.
Sweet :thup:

/me wonders what I'm missing by having an AMD system...

Having AMD means we wont be spending our hard earned money on this new DDR4 until Zen comes, let all the bugs get worked out on the memory first then we can go crazy :)

Keep up the good work, I look forward to being able to use some of this information on a build someday.

DDR4 is now much cheaper than it used to be and prices are still getting lower. Many kits per GB have similar price as DDR3. Soon will be released Skylake and we will see many dual channel DDR4 kits. If manufacturers won't decide to raise prices then DDR4 will become really popular.
On the other hand DDR3 is constantly getting worse. Higher timings and lower maximum clock so it's hard to recommend anything for overclockers. Most users who wish high performance DDR3 are browsing auctions for good older series.

Good news for some constant readers ( I know there is couple of them :) ) but not only ... soon I should add 2 or maybe 3 memory tests, depends from time. On the list is:
- Geil 2133 15-15-15 4x4GB DDR4 kit / Samsung
- Kingston Fury 2666 15-17-17 4x4GB DDR4 kit / probably still on Hynix ( I made 32GB 2400 Fury kit review some time ago )

Maybe something from lower clocked 32GB DDR4 kits will be too. Also in not far future should appear Crucial Ballistix Tactical but this memory is not yet released.

G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB ( 4x4GB ) DDR4-3000 CL15 1.35V - F4-3000C15Q-16GRR thread has been added to the list

Soon will be probably some updates with results on Z170 motherboard but I'm not sure which memory kits ( you will see it updates on the thread list ).

Next in queue will be some more G.Skill and some updates for Kingston Fury 2666 memory kit.

If you wish to see any other memory kits reviewed then please let me know. I will check if I can get them. Also if you wish to see additional tests of the memory kits which are already on the list then leave me a message and if I still have them then I will try to run some more tests.

Question:
All DDR4 kits are 4 sticks right?
Or are there 2 stick sets out there?

Probably not since then one would loose quad channel memory.
Just thinking of less sticks = less IMC stress for overclocking.

I'm pretty sure I've seen sets of just two modules. I can't name any of the top of my head tho. I think you are thinking right on track too.

There are new dual channel kits for Skylake but many older series are available as 1 or 2 memory sticks too.
On X99 it doesn't matter if you are using 2 or 4 modules. 1-2 modules are good only for max validation results but for stable work it won't change so much. Actually you can keep the same IMC voltage for 1,2, 4 or 8 modules up to DDR4-3200. In some cases it may require higher voltage. I'm not sure how it looks on Z170 boards but we will find that out soon. At least up to 3200 I was running at stock VCCSA on ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger but for some reason my memory didn't like anything higher and I don't think it's motherboard's fault.

Back