• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Prodigy mATX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I figured its about time to update with some fresh photos.

Since the rig now has AX750. Still searching for that second GPU, i already have a block ready, just need the card.

6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

The other day when i got the second card, i ripped most of my Prodigy apart, since space is limited, i needed to remove the top rad and fans to gain access.

I noticed that i had mounted my fans to push air our of the rig. Why, i cannot remember, since its a dam stupid idea to push hot air into a rad!

Anyway, i got all the way to seeing the cards in the case, but was unable to install them, (or so i thought) due to lack of fittings to connect the cards together.

Last night, i started to search my whole apartment for fittings, which due to many builds, i kinda got spread around a bit.

Anyhoo, i found a few fittings, and managed to make a working solution, not my ideal solution, but since i am planning on a case change, im not too bothered.

Still need put water in the loop, air it out, and put it all back together, but i hope to have time for it this weekend.

2014-07-04 08.42.44 (Medium).jpg
2014-07-04 08.42.54 (Medium).jpg
2014-07-04 08.43.05 (Medium).jpg
2014-07-04 08.43.23 (Medium).jpg
2014-07-04 08.43.36 (Medium).jpg
2014-07-04 08.43.42 (Medium).jpg

I have no idea how i could fit much more into this case now.

Rig has been finished up.

Now, as anyone would guess, i have heat issues lol. No surprise there.
It all down to the fact that i never got the Bitfenix fan controller to work like it should, and i have basically given up. It cant touch the Aquaero, and i really love that unit. So i think i'll get one for this rig instead.

I'll take some pictures soon.

Still debating buying a Node 804 and stuffing it all in there.

So far, I have chosen not to change case, and keep pushing with this one.

I ordered some new power/restart buttons, and a new side panel, strangely enough, without power buttons, plus better crossfire fittings.

Once i get these things, the plan is to just get my last few saved games off the machine, then do a tear down, and start over. I feel like i need to do something about the cables.

Well, im doing it.

I am trying to stuff more into it, but this time, im also trimming some wires to. I am trying to fit my left over Aquaero 5 LT into it, and i will made it fit :)

The GPU's have been reconfigured to be watercooled in parallel.

DSC_0020 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0021 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0022 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0024 (Medium).JPG

This is impressive! But did you solve the heat issue?

As the system was before this lastest rebuild, no heat issues, as long as all fans are on max during gaming, then there is no problem, the GPU's reach around 40ish, and cpu 60ish, which isnt all that bad for such a compact system.

Well, its all back together and running.

I added some white led lights while working on it. Now i just need to get a window for the cpu side, and all is done.. Well until i find something else to change on it.

DSC_0029 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0030 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0031 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0032 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0033 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0035 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0036 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0037 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0038 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0040 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0041 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0042 (Medium).JPG