• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gonna try to get a laptop here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

i am planning on getting rid of my HP mini 210 1010nr and get a Thinkpad by lenovo for

INTERNET BROWSING, NETWORKING,WORD PROCESSING, AND SMALL GAMING

purposes. this is because their laptops have this thing that sits in the middle of the keyboard called a

TRACK POINT STYLE POINTER*

which i find MORE USEFUL than a touch pad.

i am hoping to use linux on it too.

which thinkpad should i get?

Last edited:
First you need to figure out which screen size you want. Then figure out how much you want to spend. With those two questions answered, we can better address your question.

First you need to figure out which screen size you want. Then figure out how much you want to spend. With those two questions answered, we can better address your question.

well i found this one on there site, but its too exepensive. i was hoping to find one for around 400 dollars or lower. just as long as the screen size isnt smaller than 1360x768 or so.

if its not possible to find it around that price range, ill go ahead and save up for the T430.

You won't find anything with as good of build quality in the lower price range. The Edge series are pretty cheaply made.

Have you considered buying a refurbished/scratch and dent? Check out http://outlet.lenovo.com and see what they have there. I bought my x230 there for a great price. The only downside to refurb is you can't up the warranty... Otherwise I'd save up and be on the lookout for decent coupons.

Back