• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 3930k settings help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Groovetreatment

Hey guys i want to overclock my pc and need for some advice here.
I have 3930K + Asus P9X79 + Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600mhz cl9+Thermalright Archon sb-e x2 push-pull
so after reading a lot post about overclocking im little bit confused cause first of all i never have overclock anything and there is differences in overclock guides and because im noob i dont know the correct settings for my purpose.So here it goes
Things i want:
1. Stable overclock at max 4.4-4.5Ghz for 24/7 at 4.2-4.3 is fine too!
2, At most time my computer is idle but when i work on it (music production)i want full power so i dont want to keep it running at e.g. 4.5ghz everytime but only when i need it so which power settings i must disable or enable C1E,Speedstep etc to achieve this?Help me with that.
3. Because im newbie what is the necessary settings that i must change to overclock?I dont want to mess up with the voltages.
4. Dont wanna reduce the cpu life time and as i have read the vcore and the temperatures are the important thing for this and i must keep them bellow 60degrees.

From threads that i have read i think this is the necessary settings that i must change only,if u suggest something less or more tell me because i want to change only the necessary and dont wanna make 100hours testing for stability to achieve the best settings!

1. Change the multiplier to 42-45 i think for start i go fore 4.2Ghz overlock so the multiplier will be 42
2. Vcore: i think for 4.2Ghz i will put it at start to 1.3 or 1.25? and reduce it little bit until bsod right?
3. BCLK: and CPU Strap default at 100
4. Turbo ratio: By all cores
5. DRAM Timing Control : auto?
6. CPU Load-line Calibration : medium or high?
7. CPU Current Capability: 130%?
8. VCCSA Current Capability: 120%?
9. VCCSA Boot Up Voltage auto
10. CPU Voltage Frequency: auto
11. CPU Spread Spectrum: disabled
12. CPU Power Duty Control: T.Probe
13. CPU VCCSA Voltage: manual mode?
14. CPU VCCSA Manual Voltage: 1.100 or default?
15. VTTCPU Voltage: 1.100 or default?
16. Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Disabled
17. Anti Surge Support : Disabled
18. CPU POWER MANAGMENT CONFIGURATION: Speedstep,C1E,C3,C6,C7 what to do with that?
Is this all the settings that i must change?or i can avoid some of them?And is this settings correct?Plz i need advice from Expert!

And in the end what test i must do to confirm the stability and for how much long?

i want full power so i dont want to keep it running at e.g. 4.5ghz everytime but only when i need it so which power settings i must disable or enable C1E,Speedstep etc to achieve this?Help me with that.

....what???

So i finally overclock it . To 4.2Ghz with 1.300vcore,i run intelburntest 5 cycles at high and 8hours prime95 and no errors,seems stable,should i do another 24hour test or not?btw bellow 1.300vcore i had bsod.

Back