• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 555m laptop with intel hdxxxx duo graphics laptop issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

This is a Lenovo y570 Laptop with duo graphics. (yes...Ikr...)
There is a physical switch that does nothing until you are in windows, then when switched (i'm guessing here) activates the drivers for the Nvidia card.

I really don't know, i've never worked on a duo graphics laptop before.

The problem is it will start blue screening (giving an NvLxxxx (some combo of numbers) error guessing thats graphics.)

after its done that for a week or so, it will start meshing up all the colors into some garbled wall paper pattern, then after a while it will start hard crashing, then after that it wont even get into windows anymore.

I've stripped it down, and built it back up, testing everything i can as I go, then fixing it by reloading windows.

Its just started bluescreening again, been 2 days.

Thoughts? Just rolled back the driver to the default windows update one. Hoping that does something, but I don't have very high hopes.

It may be time to bake you a GPU...

Thought of that, but wouldnt be possible since i would have to bake the entire board along with it, resulting in melted sockets, ports, puggins etc.

Back