• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 3570k vs 4570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sebrodma

Registered
Hi guys! I just bought the i5 3570k like 2 weeks ago and now we have Haswell... :bang head :mad: :temper:

Well, the question is if it's better to sell my i5 3570k and AsRock Z77 Extreme4 and then buy the i5 4570k and another mobo? No overclock at all... I'm from Costa Rica and if you buy this processor (i5 3570k) you cand find it for around $370 (I know that is a little bit expensive), so if I sell it for around the same price of the Haswell (USA) I could buy it right now... What you think about that?

Thanks for your help!!! :attn:

If you can do it for no out of pocket costs through selling your current stuff then why not?

Guess the real question is, is the time and hassle to sell it worth the upgrade :)

Yeah. Just keep it. The performance boost is minimal and you have higher heat to control which may be more difficult living in Costa Rica.

I purposely bought the 3770K because I wanted to roll on the 3rd gen and use all the data/experience OC has to offer on this series to start my overclocking journey :)

So it's not necessary at this moment, its better if I keep it for a couple of months or buy this new generation in a couple of years? I play RPG's Open World (Two Worlds 1&2, The Elder Scrolls and others), so it's better a good GPU (maybe a HD7970)...

Thanks guys!!!

Keep the 3570K until the 5th generation comes out. No real reason to upgrade to the 4570K in a few years.

The 3570K is more than capability for gaming. Just get a good graphics card :)

Back