• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Almost worth the roadtrip to MicroCenter..another option?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brinley

Registered
Hey Overclockers,

So I'm still working on a build and honestly Microcenter's prices on CPUs are just so good, I might even drive from Tampa, FL to Atlanta to get one.

It's just such a pain that it's in-store pickup only.

I'm looking at an i5 or i7 Haswell.

Anybody know someone who knows someone or something? Someone who works there who COULD ship it?

I was seriously considering it, went so far as mapquesting to see how long the drive time is but for the price in gas, I'd be saving nothing.

Any ideas? Feel free to PM me.

Also, these new CPUs, I gotta put them on a new board or will they work on 1155s? I was looking at getting an 1155 z77 Asus Maximum EXTREME :attn: but I dunno if it's a total waste and I should get the upgrade to match. That's a secondary question tho.

Thanks guys!

You could try to get a local store to price match. Some people have been successful at Best Buy...think I also saw some CompUSAs last time I was down there?

You could try to get a local store to price match. Some people have been successful at Best Buy...think I also saw some CompUSAs last time I was down there?

I could almost kiss you. Was in retail for 5 years, dunno WHY I didn't think of that.

So wait, I need an 1150 Board for a haswell CPU?
Man, I got to re-think my building. Feel like my head is spinning. Might have to re-post a build after all the data I've collected and make sure it's not a complete cluster f***.

Got it. Okay, Im going to post an updated haswell build in the builds forum. now and see what response I get. Want to make sure I'm not missing things or screwing up on the heating options.

Good Luck finding a decent 1150 board. My Maximus VI Extreme is back-ordered for 30 days. Seen one on newegg.com but they don't sell to canadians.

How much would you spend in gas driving from Tampa to Atlanta?

Sorry I should have elaborated newegg.ca did not have the board at the time. Newegg.com did.

haha so you going cold on the 4770K?

I want the OCF but there still not out so went with the msi mpower max :shock: first time with a msi mb heard not a lot of good things from there mbs lol

That's what I figured. Gas+tax will make it more than Newegg lol

yeah have a buudy that could of got me one but with tax and shipping I wouldn't of saved a lot plus mc doesn't have a lot of mbs and doesn't come with the free game

and when I got my combo from newegg was -$48 and got free 2day shipping from shoprunner, now I need to pick up some ln2 :D

Back