• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake p500 Pump - not working anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aemal6

Registered
Good afternoon guys,

I was playing on my computer yesterday and suddenly a loud sound came from my motherboard or something which tells me if the computer is too hot. So as i heard the sound i shut down the computer and opened the case and checked whats wrong with the water cooling. I noticed that the pump wasnt pumping water anymore, which caused the computer to overheat. Then i unscrewed the pump and checked whats wrong inside, i turned the power on and as the pump started pumping it stopped after 1 turn. I did this a few times but it keeps stopping to turn after 1 turn.

I really want to get my pump working again because i need my computer for alot of school stuff.

The pump is called: Thermaltake P500 and is not being built anymore.

Regards

Do you think its the electric or something stuck in it?
and is there a way to take this thing off to check underneath it? (pic)
20130611_1954216slfn.jpg

I dont really wanna spend money because i have to pay alot for other stuff right now

if theres no way to fix it, what pump do u recommend me and which is not that expensive?

WHICH Tt kit (please be FREE with information so we dont have to PULL it out of you! :))? Chances are the pump is of a specific size so finding a different one to fit will be difficult. Again, which kit?

Trash it and get something else worth its weight is my advice. I know you are broke, but... its the right thing to do.

i turned the pump a few times with my finger and then turned the power supply on. And i could feel the pump vibrating and trying to turn, whcih means that something MUST be stuck in there. Because no water was able to get into the electronic.

I am not familiar with this pump but rule of thumb is don't run pumps dry. You should be testing it on the side with a small simple loop just to see the liquid move.

If you're looking to spend some dough, how much can you spend and what are you cooling? Just CPU? Under $100? Grab a H80/H80i. Over $100? H220 since you're already in liquid cooling. Just giving you some ideas of what is out there.

Hope that helps and sorry to hear about the pump. Nowadays we don't advise folks with any Thermaltake products as times have changed and those kits can do more harm than good usually.

i guess i will buy a new pump and if i wont get this one opened.
I am looking to spend about 70€ and i am cooling the CPU aswell as some other stuff on the Motherboard.

Do you guys know how i am able to remove that thing which turns inside the pump so i can get acces to the **** whats inside it?

another rule of thumb is friends dont let friends buy thermaltake wc gear. chances are a ddc with 3/8 barbs will fit fine.
your is probably a cheap one with a ceramic bearing/seal with a direct drive impeller, and the bearing went out.

There's a D5 for sale in the classies atm, $40 shipped IIRC.

TT Armor LCS is a case as far as I know, not a water cooling setup.

The pump pictured looks a lot like this one: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...mp_w_RPM_-_Bulk_Version.html?tl=g30c107#blank

If it matches (check for yourself), that might be the least expensive way to get your system back up and running again, but you should seriously consider spending a little more and getting a better pump. In particular, get one with a 3-wire connector so you get an RPM signal. This will let you know when/if the pump fails so you don't overheat anything and wind up with an even nastier failure.

You think it's called. We need to know what cooling system or if it's that built in cooling system in a TT case. Come on man. Help us help you or your gonna have to pay someone to fix it.

I bet it was built for you and you have no idea what it is? Can you give a pic of your system or exactly what it is?

OP: Get an regular air cooler for it, like the:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Cheap and very effective and as good as that VERY VERY old and considered a joke cooling setup.

You'll spend $50+ on the pump and have to buy a res ($20 or so) also.

I really mean it when I quote an old saying that goes back BEFORE 2007. "Friends don't let Friends buy Thermaltake watercooling".

Back