• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Ok folks, since the guide's spreadsheets didn't get embedded properly in the first post, we figured we should do this up right.

First off, if you haven't already read it to make the most of your overclock, go read our 3 Step Guide to Overclock Your i7 / i5 Haswell Platform

Now, this first post will be two forms - one for the i7 4770K and the other for the i5 4670K. The next post will contain the result charts.

Please be sure to use these guidelines when filling out the form!

Required Info:

• 24/7 stable CPU overclock in MHz (i.e. 4.6 GHz = 4600, 4.625 GHz = 4625, etc.)
  • Vcore voltage used
  • OCF username
  • Verification screenshot showing multi-threaded stress test (host images here)
Good info to include:

• CPU Batch # (Located on both the CPU itself and the retail packaging)
  • Motherboard
Optional, but welcome information:

• Stress testing temperatures (in °C)
  • CPU Cooler
  • Did you use/like adaptive voltage? Why / why not?
  • RAM clock (in DDR3-xxxx)
  • RAM timings
Now, the forms:

Form for i7 4770K Overclocks

Form for i5 4670K Overclocks

Happy clocking!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a good form without results? We've got those too! The graphs should auto-populate with new data points when people fill out the forms.

4770K results

4670K Results

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...that's a problem. When you fill out the form, it inserts a new line in the spreadsheet rather than using existing lines (which have formulas appended to the end to calculate the graphed results).

New plan - When you post a result, be sure to note that you posted one here in the thread, that way I know to update the form. I may update it right then or later that day, but expect a within-24-hour-update period as long as I'm near a PC. :thup:

In less mathy terms, mean frequency is the average max overclock of all the people who have submitted to the form.

The delta from the mean frequency is how far off a single user is from the average.

Bump. Result charts updated to reflect a couple more submissions.

Should I sticky this thing or will it disappear?

Sticky , Front page even if you can get bunch more ppl to make subs it should drive trafic to the site . I will post my sub next week when my gear arives

I'm sorry, I have no clue why you guys can't see it. They're both set to "Public on the web - Anyone on the Internet can find and view" :shrug:

Do either of you have a firewall that might be blocking Google drive?

Don't have a problem seeing it. Does need a lot more data points before we see any "meaningful" data.

I'm sorry, I have no clue why you guys can't see it. They're both set to "Public on the web - Anyone on the Internet can find and view" :shrug:

Do either of you have a firewall that might be blocking Google drive?

Yup! Corp Firewall looks like.
I can see it on my phone.

Whew, glad that's figured out.

Thread stuck. Hopefully it doesn't disappear!

got my new chip today and was from the same batch as the one that would not do ibt at stock setting with any stability at all. the new one just has a few minutes of running, just booted it at 46x and 1.25v and was able to do a full wprime1024 without issues- other than getting a bit warm as I just have a hyper 212evo on it for now. it will see the ss soon or maybe even dice if the chip offers any potential.
very happy with it being way better than the first one
I also didnt enter it into the form yet as I really dont know what the potential is. I moved to 4.8 in windows and it didnt like it at the same voltage.
this was all done at 2133 on the ram as well

That sounds like it's actually a pretty solid chip dejo, great second choice!

Back