• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is a very nice chip. Very nice. :p Also, @kayson your chip nearly mirrors mine in voltage, temps, and speeds.

Well glad to know it's not just me sucking at OCing! I had to crank it down a bit because despite passing AIDA for hours, every once in a while the system would hang. Oh well the thing is still blazingly fast.

So looks like I got a pretty bad chip ----
Stress Testing @ 4.2ghz w/ 1.25V right now.

Curious, what temps should I be seeing, I have a Cooler Master 212 Evo in a relatively larger Corsair 750D Case (2 intake, 1 exhaust).

Hello all! After playing around with the mobo and chip for the past 8 hours the best I can get out of this thing stable with the suggested settings above is 45 @ 1.35 volts with the ram clocked @ 1600 mhz (stock settings) all on a 100mhz fsb. While this runs stable, its not 100 stable all the time. The best fit for my chip appears to be 44 @ with ram clocked @ 1600 mhz on a 100 mhz FSB.

After benchmarking both OC against eachother, the difference is so minimal I just opted to stick with the 44 OC.

Temps in both situations under load do not exceed 79 degrees. Below is the list of info for the total settings. Any one have any suggestions where I may be able to tweak something and get the ram up a bit faster or make the 45 ghz OC at a stable rate without having to put the core v over 1.35. I feel the fact that 44 runs great 1.25 and I have to go a full point for an extra 100mhz is an indication that the cip is really struggling to make it happen? Thoughts?

Username: robtorbay
CPU Model: Intel i5 4670k
Core Multiplier: 44 @ 100mhz
CPU VID: 1.25
Vcore: 1.248v
Uncore Multiplier: 34
Uncore Voltage: 1.050v (stock)
Input Voltage: 1.820v
Cooling Solution: Zalman CNPS14X
Stability Test: 3DMark First Strike and CPUZ Stress Test
Batch Number: Cannot locate this?
Ram Speed: 1600 mhz stock
Ram Voltage: 1.5v stock
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87x UD3H
LLC Setting: Auto

Thanks all

Hello all! After playing around with the mobo and chip for the past 8 hours the best I can get out of this thing stable with the suggested settings above is 45 @ 1.35 volts with the ram clocked @ 1600 mhz (stock settings) all on a 100mhz fsb. While this runs stable, its not 100 stable all the time. The best fit for my chip appears to be 44 @ with ram clocked @ 1600 mhz on a 100 mhz FSB.

After benchmarking both OC against eachother, the difference is so minimal I just opted to stick with the 44 OC.

Temps in both situations under load do not exceed 79 degrees. Below is the list of info for the total settings. Any one have any suggestions where I may be able to tweak something and get the ram up a bit faster or make the 45 ghz OC at a stable rate without having to put the core v over 1.35. I feel the fact that 44 runs great 1.25 and I have to go a full point for an extra 100mhz is an indication that the cip is really struggling to make it happen? Thoughts?

Username: robtorbay
CPU Model: Intel i5 4670k
Core Multiplier: 44 @ 100mhz
CPU VID: 1.25
Vcore: 1.248v
Uncore Multiplier: 34
Uncore Voltage: 1.050v (stock)
Input Voltage: 1.820v
Cooling Solution: Zalman CNPS14X
Stability Test: 3DMark First Strike and CPUZ Stress Test
Batch Number: Cannot locate this?
Ram Speed: 1600 mhz stock
Ram Voltage: 1.5v stock
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87x UD3H
LLC Setting: Auto

Thanks all

hi bro's
i just got i5 6600k and asus z170 gaming pro mobo with gskill 21-- something mhz ram, Gpu gtx 970,
im beginner in overclocking, i dont want to overclock too much or i dont want to break record, just want boost in safe condition,

i have some questions please help me, i havent started new thread because i felt that admin can close because of wrong section post.
ok
Q.1 what are safe temp in full load? (im using cooler master evo 212 hyper(no load temps are 28-29c)

Q.2 to overclock i need to go in bios just change the multiplier? i only want 4ghz permanent,or bit more.

Q.3 how much time i need to test prime95 to see proper stablity.

thanks in advance..

Set the multiplier to 40 for 4.0GHz then keep the temperature under 90c when stress testing with prime95 running for 20 minutes, then for a final test 4 hours. When you need more Vcore at 4.5GHz if it is unstable try increasing 5 to 10mV at a time and use the least voltage.

Very late to this thread, Have the graphs been taken down? I'm not using any ad-blocker and I turned windows defender off too. Not working on Firefox, Opera, or Vivaldi.

Back