• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon socket 604 533Mhz with x64 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr.Wily

Hello,

I wonder if it exists a x64 Xeon socket 604 with 533mhz FSB ?

I must update a Dell PowerEdge 2600 server (type 2) with dual socket 604. Specs of this server reports a FSB up to 533mhz with 6gb of max RAM. Actually the system up to 12gb (2x6) and overstep official specs.

AFAIK some motherboard/CPU can downgrade their FSB. But, I have not found if this server can support CPUs over 533Mhz FSB. Anyone has experiment this on this server ?

Thanks ;)

You'll have to get something from the Nocona Xeon chips or newer. Anything Gallatin and older is still 32-bit

Ok thanks !

--> Redduc99
I know this list but I haven't found a 533Mhz Xeon with Intel 64.

Atminside --> You think a Xeon with 800Mhz FSB works on a motherboard with 533mhz FSB ? Can Irwindale works too ?

Ok thanks !

--> Redduc99
I know this list but I haven't found a 533Mhz Xeon with Intel 64.

Atminside --> You think a Xeon with 800Mhz FSB works on a motherboard with 533mhz FSB ? Can Irwindale works too ?

You'll have to check with your motherboard manufacturer to figure out what processors are compatible.

You'll have to check with your motherboard manufacturer to figure out what processors are compatible.

I said that in my first post. It's for a PowerEdge 2600, it's a server from Dell and motherboard is specific.

Sometime, CPU with a greater FSB than motherboard's FSB works. Sometime not. I need to know if a CPU with faster FSB can works on a 533mhz FSB.

Then you'll have to look up on Dell's website for your specific server (get the service tag) and see if you can upgrade the processor to a 64-bit one.

It all depends if the motherboard actually is coded to run the processor on the BIOS level.

Dell update his site and there is no more info about part compatibility.

Chipset on this MB is intel 7501+ICH3-S. I think I might take a Xeon with i64 for few bucks and test it on this server. Feedback soon...

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone tried this?

I have a Dell Workstation 450 Xeon 3.06ghz 533mhz at the moment, i bought a pair of 3.06ghz 533mhz(SL6VP) just now. But I'm wondering if I can still run a 800mhz FSB CPU in a 533mhz socket.

A 64bit Xeon 604 would be nice:D

Thanks!

Back