• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM and Cooler for G41M-VS3 R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JGPliskin

I need help about this things

Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 CMX4GX3M1A1333C9
Corsair 4GB DDR3 CMV4GX3M1A1333C9
Corsair 4GB DDR3 VS4GB1333D3

which of these rams would work with the G41M-VS3 R2.0 board?
these rams are the only available here and its not listed on the compatible rams of the board

DEEPCOOL GAMMA ARCHER
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300
Thermaltake Contac 16
Thermaltake Slim X3
CoolerMaster X Dream I117

what cooler should i choose?

DDR3 1600 Mhz C9 will be fine. The compatibility chart only gives you what they TESTED. 99% of ram will work otherwise.

Why not the stock intel cooler? Are you overclocking?

1600mhz? but i thought that the board only allows 1333mhz? yes i want to overclock my e8400 to 4ghz but i dont know if the stock cooler would make it to 4ghz

There are a couple issues here...

1. G41 isnt exactly made for overclocking...if it even has any of the features/adjustments you need like core, Vtt, etc.
2. Since you want to overclock, you will want faster ram than 1333MHz. Overclocking on that platform is a function of FSB*multiplier=clockspeed. However your memory is tied to the FSB. So when you raise the FSB, you raise the memory speed. So in order to get your CPU to 4Ghz you will need 445x9. With your memory 1:1 with FSB that is over 1600Mhz. 1333 sticks may not make it there.
3. Hyper 212 Evo if it fits s775 (see newegg.com for details).

I have no idea how those coolers you listed perform. But its a $27 cooler. Save up your money for a week so you can afford it?

What about it? I gave a suggestion of DDR3 1600 Mhz C9 (1.65v or less). Brand doesnt matter really. Get what looks good and is cheapest with those specs.

sorry but im confused, coz its written in the asrock site that 1333mhz is the max of the board

All boards can go over their max. That said, I just saw that board, and, there is no way I would try to overclock on it. There are very few power phases and they are not even cooled. Just run at stock man. Seriously.

DDR3-1333 will be fine for OCing on LGA775. It will allow you to get to 667MHz FSB in 1:1 (FSB:RAM) without having to OC the RAM. You won't be any where near that FSB when OCing for 24/7 use.

You can always run DDR3-1600 RAM slower at 1333MHz in case your board doesn't like 1600. So, either will work really.

ok sir i will try to follow your advice, but i need to save money to buy the things that i need, thank you again sir

Ooof, Matt, good catch.. was thinking DDR2 I think!

That said, I still wouldnt overclock on that board as it isnt remotely made for it.

In your example, 445MHz is actual FSB. 1780MHz would be the quad-pumped FSB not the effective RAM speed; DDR would be 890MHz.

Yeah, it will be tough getting an OC out of that board with its G41 chipset, small VRM, and no VRM cooling.

ASRock G41M-VS3 pode tomar um sistema de refrigeração líquida precisam saber por que com idéias para comprar.

Back