• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy bridge 3770k oced to 4.5ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the bigger question to ask this guy and no offense here, can you afford to go without your computer when you blow it up by overclocking way too hard too fast. A little bit of knowledge can lead to a lot of headaches.. Understand what you're doing first then go in slow steps man.. 3 pages of go go go go go , more more more more, why doesn't it work.. sure 5ghz is nice, but realisticly you won't see a difference between 4.5 and 5ghz. Especially if all you do is game. If you're a folder, which I don't think you are, you'd know that stress testing and stability is more important than that magic 5ghz number. Just enjoy what you have man.. Thats a hell of an overclock already.

Simmy 4.5 to 4.7 is really a top OC with that CPU and set up, no need to push it anymore buddy. I would humbly say to you drop it to 4.7 and try to get the lowest stable CPU Voltage at that. And the best possible Temps as well then run it for a few days and play some games to see how you get on there. AJ. ;) :thup:

Ajay I have a question im sorry to everyone for sounding like a noob lol but my cpu ratios in the bios are locked now so I had to lower my clock speed with intel tuning application, but I want to do it in my bios the legit way so it stays 4.7 ghz stable and not through intel tuning application.

They shouldnt be locked unless you changed something from manual to auto. Why not just start over and reset defaults...

Post a screenshot of the 'locked' core adjustment please... in this way: OCFinsertimages.png

Last edited:
I would do as ED say's go into the Bios and reset to default, then start a fresh and hopefully you don't rush things like last time. I said to you in Chat take your time write things down on a pad that you change. Just in case it goes wrong, but being a young Pup and all excited you plum forgot that part. Well i hope you have learned something from what has gone wrong!! So do it slowly and listen to ED and others that have vast more knowledge than you Simmy. AJ. ;) :thup:

TAKE YOU TIME AND CHANGE 1 OR 2 THINGS AT A TIME, most of all write it down. :attn:

Back