• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC I7 950 on dx58s0 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowpat

After reading all the tutorials and guides for overclocking the i7 950, i have reached a stand still and cannot figure out what I'm missing.

I have succesfully overclocked it to 4.00ghz with the bclock at 200 and the multiplier at 20

When i run OCCT i get an error after 20 seconds

I think it has something to do with the Memory - I have corsairs triple channel kit (3x4gb) 1600mhz 9-9-9-24

My bios is much different than every other bios so i have taken pictures.
Link to album:

I did not say it was stable, I said i am stuck at a point where i can boot into windows and run a test in OCCT. But after twenty seconds of running the test.. OCCT stops the test because of an error

I did not say it was stable, I said i am stuck at a point where i can boot into windows and run a test in OCCT. But after twenty seconds of running the test.. OCCT stops the test because of an error

You said successfully which made me assume you were stable. Been a long day haha :)

Post a screenshot of CPUZ, as well as the memory tab. It sounds like you need more voltage to get it stable, try bumping it up one notch and try again.

What is your Vcore set at?

Bump the Vcore to 1.30V w/ HT enabled, and before attempting to boot into Windows again, make sure the UCLK is set to 3208Mhz (x16 Uncore mult.) and the QPI is at ~7218MT/s (these w/ the DRAM frequency at the current DDR3-1603Mhz). Then boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive and check the RAM for stability, this w/ the DRAM voltage set to what I assume is a rated voltage of 1.55V.

before i could get a chance to try you solution reduc, my computer will not boot up to the bios.. I did not make any changes since. I have tried everything and i still get a black screen. removed little battery, removed ram, bios jumper. nothing has worked

Back