• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok well your temps look OK. One thing I need to ask is if you have your ram timings and freq set manually?

I have set the ram settings manual en did prime test again but afther 1 min. worker 5 stops.

I think that we have bad rams, dont you think?
What would you say for lowering the ram freq?

First i have bougth 1 set and afther a few weeks a another set, so i think that this gives us the error
But if u say something else

Oldie

Last edited:
I see ok. That could be a problem. for now take one stick out and see if the problem goes away.

I see ok. That could be a problem. for now take one stick out and see if the problem goes away.

:clap: I did not finish the test but prime is still running for almost 5 Min.

I took two sticks out Johan, cause i have four sticks, right?

Oldie

Edit : nope Worker 1 stops afther 7 Min

OK idin't realize you had 4. Were they dual channel kits that you bought and did you keep them in pairs. You want slot 2 and 4 populated right now for dual channel mode. Try giving them 1.55 voltage and bump the NB up to 1.25 if the ram voltage doesn't fix it.

OK idin't realize you had 4. Were they dual channel kits that you bought and did you keep them in pairs. You want slot 2 and 4 populated right now for dual channel mode. Try giving them 1.55 voltage and bump the NB up to 1.25 if the ram voltage doesn't fix it.

Yes they were dual channel kits and no i didnt keep them as pair.
I didnt know that slots 2 and for 4 are populated, i thought slots 1 and 3 were populated. So i took sticks 2 and 4 out.
I will change the sticks right now.

Thank you

Oldie

I don't know if the stickers will help you sort them out but it wouldn't hurt to see if there's any way to identify them while you have all 4 out. Also be gentle when installing, try not to flex the MOBO.

I don't know if the stickers will help you sort them out but it wouldn't hurt to see if there's any way to identify them while you have all 4 out. Also be gentle when installing, try not to flex the MOBO.

Ok im back

Slot 2 and 4, do we count that, when looking from cpu?
I did install the sticks in slots 2 and 4 and set the dramV 1.55v, and cpu/nb 1,25.
Computer wouldnt even start and need an hard reset, i needed release the mobo battery for restart.
Now i go look if i can identify the ram sticks, it seems the two i have out have not the same number

Last edited:
At this point I'm also starting to question that PSU. All I could really find is that it's discontinued so it's a bit older and secondly it has 3, 19 amp 12v rails. Most vid cards recommend over 20. This combined with the age may make this a bit weak. I just found it odd that a small increas in Hz and power and the ram causing these problems?? Maybe not the ram.

Might be able to tell which is which by the serial number. The two sticks in a pair should be very close to each other in the production line.

Hey Oldie there's a button on the top right corner of that MOBO MEM OK if you push it it'll reset your bios settings back to default. One more thing once you get it up and running set the CPULLC to ultra high. May make up for the drop in voltage I noticed in the last SS.

Also to help rule things out only istall 1 stick of ram and see if we can get this thing up and going.

does the board have the latest BIOS (1604) to support vishera chips?

I've ran mine on multiple bios versions. I was using 0804 for a long time with Win8 But they may have added some ram compatability.

EDIT: 1201 and 1302 were updates for stability

Last edited:
johan you have the r2, oldie has the original version(according to sig). They are somewhat different boards.

johan you have the r2, oldie has the original version(according to sig). They are somewhat different boards.

Ah I see. that's what assumptions will do to you. I noticed it didn't say but "***"umed it was a newer purchase and must be an R2. He may be having issues with win8 as well.

That would explain the voltage drop on high. Mine would be pretty much what I set it to.

I found two sticks withe the same serial, and put these in slots 2 and 4

1 Worker stops again afther a few minutes

At this point I'm also starting to question that PSU. All I could really find is that it's discontinued so it's a bit older and secondly it has 3, 19 amp 12v rails. Most vid cards recommend over 20. This combined with the age may make this a bit weak. I just found it odd that a small increas in Hz and power and the ram causing these problems?? Maybe not the ram.

I think you right i have see in CPUID the 12V+ says 11.73V
Might it be possilble that all of my fans take to much Volts?
I have all the fans directly connected to 12v

Might be able to tell which is which by the serial number. The two sticks in a pair should be very close to each other in the production line.

I found 2 the same nummers, both sets has the same serialnrs.

Hey Oldie there's a button on the top right corner of that MOBO MEM OK if you push it it'll reset your bios settings back to default. One more thing once you get it up and running set the CPULLC to ultra high. May make up for the drop in voltage I noticed in the last SS.

Thanks i thought these were for reset Ram :p

Also to help rule things out only istall 1 stick of ram and see if we can get this thing up and going.

I go try this also

does the board have the latest BIOS (1604) to support vishera chips?

I have the latest 1604 my singature says 1602 but that was a mistake

Thnks guys

Fans barely take any wattage. Also, 11.73v is well in spec (5% of 12 is the spec so 11.4 - 12.6v). Not to mention software isn't the most accurate (but if its all you have its all you have).

Ok im back

Slot 2 and 4, do we count that, when looking from cpu?
I did install the sticks in slots 2 and 4 and set the dramV 1.55v, and cpu/nb 1,25.
Computer wouldnt even start and need an hard reset, i needed release the mobo battery for restart.
Now i go look if i can identify the ram sticks, it seems the two i have out have not the same number

It seems that the pc with 2 the same ram sticks on 1.55V and cpu/nb on 1,25V boot in Windows.
Im running Prime now.:facepalm:

Edit : 10 MIn Prime, Temps 50 C

Trying to run RAM in dual-channel that isn't dual-channel :rolleyes:

Glad that worked though!

Back