• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pfewf we got that solved. That temp is your CPU socket temp which is fine you can still go to 70 deg c. You cut off the package temp which is the actual cores and is good up to 60

Now those dual channel kits have to stay as pairs and when we're done clocking we'll see if we can't get them all back in there for ya. How long have you been running.

Now those dual channel kits have to stay as pairs and when we're done clocking we'll see if we can't get them all back in there for ya. How long have you been running.

Prime has running for almost 25 Min :chair:

Idle temp 25 C its really cold here in The Netherlands :p

My next step would be to get the HT and NB up to 2400 and get things stable. After that we'll raise the FSB abit and go for 4.5. May need to add more power in this stage if things start to fail on you. With any luck the NB and HT will be a simple change and shouldn't cause too much trouble. I'm going to be incommunicado soon traveling home from work. If time permits ( my wife) I'll be back in an hour or so. Just remember to save this profile in the bios before you make any changes. So if things go amok you can just load it back up. With the fsb remember that raising it by only 5 translates to 100 MHz at the CPU.

My next step would be to get the HT and NB up to 2400 and get things stable. After that we'll raise the FSB abit and go for 4.5. May need to add more power in this stage if things start to fail on you. With any luck the NB and HT will be a simple change and shouldn't cause too much trouble. I'm going to be incommunicado soon traveling home from work. If time permits ( my wife) I'll be back in an hour or so. Just remember to save this profile in the bios before you make any changes. So if things go amok you can just load it back up. With the fsb remember that raising it by only 5 translates to 100 MHz at the CPU.

Take care i see you soon , Thanks

Go ahead and tinker a bit. Once you have that profile saved it's just a reload and it's back and as long as you stay in the temperature limits you'll be good.

Go ahead and tinker a bit. Once you have that profile saved it's just a reload and it's back and as long as you stay in the temperature limits you'll be good.

I did find the OC profile but i cant manage how to safe the profile, still searc:rofl:ing

You tell me that i need to up the HT and NB to level 2400, but do i need first lower the multiplier then?

edit: just set it on 2400 Oldie, it was on Auto. Do i need start Prime again for 20 Min?

Last edited:

I pass 25 min prime test with NB/HT on 2400MHZ ,

Attachments

• cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 556
  • htnb2400.jpg
    htnb2400.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 555
tools menu in bios,
profiles,
type in a name on the name line, 4400 will work, press enter.
next line down is the profile number you will save it to type it in.
press enter, select yes.
press f10 key to reboot system.

tools menu in bios,
profiles,
type in a name on the name line, 4400 will work, press enter.
next line down is the profile number you will save it to type it in.
press enter, select yes.
press f10 key to reboot system.

Thank you, thats works for me

Oldie

Last edited:
To save the profile in the BIOS Glad the HT and NB worked out. Now try uppin the FSB one at a time. It'll be the HT bas clock at 200 right now. Just move it up one at a time and test.

To save the profile in the BIOS Glad the HT and NB worked out. Now try uppin the FSB one at a time. It'll be the HT bas clock at 200 right now. Just move it up one at a time and test.

Welcome back Johan
Iwas a little confuse about raise the FSB , so i did raise the multiplier and raise the CpuV 1 step.
I knew when i raise the fSB then the dram raise also. i didnt realize that its was no problem going over the 1600Mhz Dram

Last edited:
Ya I figured we've already raised the Dram volts abit and the NB so should be good atleast to 4.5 or so. FSB or in AMD terms the HT reference clock.It's the CPU bus or something similar. if you take it off auto it'll be at 200 raise it to 202 and test again

Ya I figured we've already raised the Dram volts abit and the NB so should be good atleast to 4.5 or so. FSB or in AMD terms the HT reference clock.It's the CPU bus or something similar. if you take it off auto it'll be at 200 raise it to 202 and test again

I will test again, i will only raise the FSB

Oldie

at 205 that should put you at 4.6 and if yours is anything like mine it needed a good boost there. So like manu2b said a bit more V_core. I'm not ignoring you just busy with the laptop open. how are the temps looking?

Back