• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^Lol!

Sorry, just got my router back this afternoon... Seen you get a new CPU:thup:

at 205 that should put you at 4.6 and if yours is anything like mine it needed a good boost there. So like manu2b said a bit more V_core. I'm not ignoring you just busy with the laptop open. how are the temps looking?

Ok

Fsb 205 Vcore 1.4156v Fails
Fsb 203 Vcore 1.4156v fails
Fsb 202 Vcore 1.4156v Fails

I add more Volts right now and go 205 Brb.

Oldie

Not saying your is the same but I went from 1.4ish at 4.5 to 1.45 for 4.6 like I said it was a good bump. That's why I asked about your temps.

Not saying your is the same but I went from 1.4ish at 4.5 to 1.45 for 4.6 like I said it was a good bump. That's why I asked about your temps.

1,428 at 4525Mhz does not work fsb at 205, maby the dram dont like that. Do we need more Volts for Dram?
Worker 1 stop afther about 2 Min. Max temp were 47 C

Unless it's really fussy about that ram that shouldn't be too big of a stretch. Try setting the V_Core to 1.45 and adjust the FSB up. that'll help rule out problems with the ram.

Unless it's really fussy about that ram that shouldn't be too big of a stretch. Try setting the V_Core to 1.45 and adjust the FSB up. that'll help rule out problems with the ram.

No im sorry Johan

FSB @ 205 Vcore @ 1.45V 2 workers stops

Oldie

Last edited:
My every day speed is 4.64 G I have my LLC set to ultra and Vcore at 1.45 but when under load it hits 1.474. So it's a really big jump for the next step.

My wife and I were in Amsterdam 6 yrs ago. We have relatives in the Koln area in Germany and needed a break. So we took the train for a couple days had a real blast there.

My every day speed is 4.64 G I have my LLC set to ultra and Vcore at 1.45 but when under load it hits 1.474. So it's a really big jump for the next step.

My wife and I were in Amsterdam 6 yrs ago. We have relatives in the Koln area in Germany and needed a break. So we took the train for a couple days had a real blast there.

I was born Amsterdam the place to be haha , now i live in Almere a new area builded on water. I mean 70 years ago here was water and they move the water and build houses.
You live in Canada cooooolll and cold :p

On topic

I cant figure this out, were the problem is . Its being late i can make one more run , then i need to sleep. time 23:37 pm :p

Same volt idle and on load

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Give it just a bit more voltage maybe 2 bumps in the bios and try again. Your temps look good still

Give it just a bit more voltage maybe 2 bumps in the bios and try again. Your temps look good still

No this help neither

I want to thank you very much for your time. hopefully will you help me tomorrow.

bye bye

Attachments

• faill.jpg
    faill.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 333
K have a good night there oldie. I usually check in around 6 am. before work see what's going on. That'd be 11 or 12 your time.
We'll lick this thing yet it just might be the ram but we'll rule that out in the morning.
Johan

Well Manu move back to Amsterdam there is enough space ,and we have many good providers with good Routers.

:rofl:

You know what? I thought about it. Only issue is the high price for renting a flat...

Back on topic, Johan is right, what are your temp like?

Temps were good. Something is holding it right now but we'll find it. Itll be easy to rule out the ram.

Try small FTT in Prime: it stresses only the CPU. A bit hotter than blend, but you should be good, and help you know if it is a memory issue: if it goes through small FTT, it means your memory is unstable and causes the error in blend.

I see his ht at 2516 if his cpu/nb is 2516 this could be the issue.
my cpu/nb tops out in the mid 2500's so a bump in cpu/nb voltage or just reduce the cpu/nb.
showing all three cpu-z tabs might tell the tail.

I did hear 'ODD' numbers seem to work better within the Multiplier, when overclocking with AMD, please don't ask why just seems so!! 17,19,21,23, ETC. AJ. :shrug: :chair:

Last edited:
K have a good night there oldie. I usually check in around 6 am. before work see what's going on. That'd be 11 or 12 your time.
We'll lick this thing yet it just might be the ram but we'll rule that out in the morning.
Johan

At 11 o'clock I have an appointment, I returned at 12.30.
My wife want shopping, it is in the afternoon,
But I have all the time and wants some testing

maybe the NB freq? just a shot in the dark

With only moving the multiplier one way up, prime was stable for about 25 Min. NB/HT 2400 Mhz and cpu at 4500. with increase a little voltage

I see his ht at 2516 if his cpu/nb is 2516 this could be the issue.
my cpu/nb tops out in the mid 2500's so a bump in cpu/nb voltage or just reduce the cpu/nb.
showing all three cpu-z tabs might tell the tail.

I will give this first a run , i mean a bump in cpu/nb Voltage

I did hear 'ODD' numbers seem to work better within the Multiplier, when overclocking with AMD, please don't ask why just seems so!! 17,19,21,23, ETC. AJ. :shrug: :chair:

You mean just only overclock with multiplier amd work better?

Back